Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times

Advertisements

I know there are some old threads on Brier Creek, but now that the development is partially built-out, can anyone who lives there (or who looked there and discounted it), share their thoughts on traffic, airport noise, construction quality, schools, etc.

A close relative is looking there and my sense is that values are toppy... and any tick up in interest rates or slow down in the economy may have a negative effect on values... especially town homes/condos. Taxes & HOA fees seem high also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Are you asking specifically about the development called Brier Creek Country Club or the Brier Creek are in general?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:10 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
Brier Creek area - not the country club. town home section in particular just off of TW Alexander

Old 03-23-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Brier Creek area - not the country club. town home section in particular just off of TW Alexander
In that case, I'm unable to respond with any accuracy or knowledge beyond the location being incredibly convenient for the ENTIRE Triangle.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
There are several town home communities in this area. One new one is:

New Homes at The Townes at Brier Creek Crossings | Durham, NC | Pulte Homes New Home Builders

They are actually quite nice for the pricepoint. Starting 170's - mid 200's. I second Jkgourmet as to it being a great location! Great shopping within 1 mile, easy access to highway (70, 540, 40).

Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
I live in a BC apartment so I can't comment on taxes or value, and construction quality will depend on the builder (there are a LOT of builders in the area), but otherwise:

Location: exceptionally convenient. It's not too far to anywhere in the Tri. I know people who live in Wake Forest (NE Raleigh), who just can't get out to go to Chapel Hill (way WSW of Raleigh), since it's a good 30-45min for them).

Traffic: I find this quite acceptable. The only problem is during rush hour and only at the biggest intersection (70 & BC Pkway). The shopping is touted as being convenient for walking store to store, but everyone I know just moves their cars.

Airport noise: zero. We are close to the airport, but beside it, not under the routing. So we actually have nearly zero jets overhead. Just one or two a day of choppers or private planes. If I leave a window open at 5:30am or 10:30pm (apx), I'll sometimes hear a roar in the distance as a plane uses thrust reversers. Other than that, it's very quiet.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:13 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
Quote:
Brier Creek is a larger area so depending on which community and if it's important for your relatives/resale, exact location will be important as it dictates whether you are in Durham or Raleigh which affects school district. On TW alexander side is Durham School District vs. on Brier Creek Parkway side which is Wake County School District.

Taxes are similar anywhere in the Triangle area depending on city.
HOA depends on what community, not location.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:25 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
All I know is I would never live there. The traffic is just way too much. It can take 20 minutes just to get back onto Glenwood from Walmart. I tried to go to the Panera Bread there on my 30 minute lunch break a few weeks ago, and I work maybe 3 mins (going to) from BC. I clocked out at 12:30 and was not able to clock back in until 1:19...so there's that.

Can't comment on anything else about it really, just want to warn you about how crazy crowded it gets.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
All I know is I would never live there. The traffic is just way too much. It can take 20 minutes just to get back onto Glenwood from Walmart. I tried to go to the Panera Bread there on my 30 minute lunch break a few weeks ago, and I work maybe 3 mins (going to) from BC. I clocked out at 12:30 and was not able to clock back in until 1:19...so there's that.

Can't comment on anything else about it really, just want to warn you about how crazy crowded it gets.
Agreed - between 12noon and 1:30pm, anywhere inside the various shopping centers. Glenwood backs up a bit during those hours, but a bit worse at 4:30pm to 5:30pm Monday-Friday, along with the road in front of Walmart.

Otherwise, I've yet to see traffic that is "way too much." (But I'm retired, so no time clock to punch.)

Old 03-23-2015, 01:31 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
I usually avoid the Walmart side of Brier Creek because it's just a pain to get back out of there the way it's laid out. But I don't find traffic in the rest of the area to be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary