Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:54 AM

31 posts, read 32,986 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone - quick question! Where you go to get specialty grocery/produce items? I have been to Whole Foods in Durham, not a lot of items there. Looking specifically this week for dandelion greens!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Are you in Durham? There's a new Durham Food Coop that may have some of what you want — Durham Co-op Market | A Cooperatively Owned Grocery Store and Cafe . You might also just check the farmer's markets. I have definitely seen dandelion greens in the stores in Chapel Hill, either at Weaver Street or Whole Foods.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:55 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _leigh View Post
Hi everyone - quick question! Where you go to get specialty grocery/produce items? I have been to Whole Foods in Durham, not a lot of items there. Looking specifically this week for dandelion greens!

Thanks
Just saying, in general I've found the Durham Whole Foods to have the poorest selection of items across the board, including produce. I think they have the smallest footprint of any of the Triangle stores, so it'd make sense. As poppydog suggests, try going down the road a little ways to the Chapel Hill store and they may have what you're looking for.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:58 AM

I was surprised the Whole Foods in Durham was so busy - I honestly didn't find much that I wanted there!

Thanks for the suggestions of the Durham Co-op and Chapel Hill Weaver Street/Whole Foods - I will definitely head that way this weekend! Thank you!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
I was surprised the Whole Foods in Durham was so busy - I honestly didn't find much that I wanted there!

Thanks for the suggestions of the Durham Co-op and Chapel Hill Weaver Street/Whole Foods - I will definitely head that way this weekend! Thank you!
Another reason I generally dislike the Durham store! I feel like the parking lot is a traffic accident waiting to happen and that I'm always in somebody's way inside the store. On the plus side, though, it is just a short drive away from Sam's Quik Shop!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Not sure if they would be safe to eat, but wait another couple of weeks and my neighbor will have a bumper crop of dandelion greens for you.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:44 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Poke Salad
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4DvG4bQ2o

Old 03-31-2015, 11:31 AM

420 posts, read 451,639 times
Quote:

Thanks
Hi There!

I am Italian and we LOVE our dandelion greens. I agree with a previous poster that I have seen them in Chapel Hill, both at Weaver Street Market and Whole Foods. Hope you find them! Enjoy when you do.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
Also check the Durham Farmer's Market in Central Park on Wednesdays and Saturdays!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Not sure if they would be safe to eat, but wait another couple of weeks and my neighbor will have a bumper crop of dandelion greens for you.
Haha! I may have to take you up on this! I went to both the Carrboro Farmer's Market and the Weaver Street Market today and no luck.

I've yet to try the Durham Coop or the Chapel Hill Whole Foods... I might have to try again tomorrow.

I have a cookbook that's seasonal and I'm trying to complete a recipe a week, but it's tough when I can't find the ingredients I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary