Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:51 PM

560 posts, read 2,848,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrdc1 View Post
Can any people that have moved from the North th NC could you share your experiences? We are currently looking at Youngsville.
Moved from Long Island to Youngsville and have never looked back!! I can answer any specific questions you may have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
Quote:
Can any people that have moved from the North th NC could you share your experiences? We are currently looking at Youngsville.
Youngsville is started to get "invaded" by transplants - but there are still plenty of good old southern folk in the rural areas - Lots of sweet southern accents - particularly from most points Youngsville and north (Louisburg, Franklinton, etc.)

Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

20 posts, read 66,224 times
I noticed you had taken some pictures for another inquiry. If you get any free moments would you be able to take some picks of the new winston ridge development going in? Is ther any thing you could share with me on the area or development?

Thanks

John R

Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I noticed you had taken some pictures for another inquiry. If you get any free moments would you be able to take some picks of the new winston ridge development going in? Is ther any thing you could share with me on the area or development?

Thanks

John R
Any idea where it is?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
Any idea where it is?
It is on 96 . Make a left off 1 if you are going north on 1. And will be on your right after those car buildings and the gas station and storage place would be on the left.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
Youngsville would be a culture shock if public transit and lots of nearby shopping are issues for you.

If you value privacy and acreage, might just be your cup of tea.

Come and see for yourself.

We are city folk from New Orleans (and many other cities). North Raleigh fits our lifestyle. Also, I have weak night vision and need roads with streetlights.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
It is on 96 . Make a left off 1 if you are going north on 1. And will be on your right after those car buildings and the gas station and storage place would be on the left.
Thanks, I will try to check it out and post some pics.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Thank You. Someone beat me to the directions. Do you know anything about the schools that would be assigned to this development? How safe is this area? Is it considered a nice area? Would it be a good place to raise a family? How far is falls lake from this development. Also would you know if there are any boating restrictions to the type of boats permitted on the lake.

Thanks

John

Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Thank You. Someone beat me to the directions. Do you know anything about the schools that would be assigned to this development? How safe is this area? Is it considered a nice area? Would it be a good place to raise a family? How far is falls lake from this development. Also would you know if there are any boating restrictions to the type of boats permitted on the lake.

Thanks

John
To determine school assignment:

Edulog's Web Query

The area is safe as far as I know. I have not heard of any issues. I live nearby and have small children and sleep very well. The lake is about 20-30 mins away depending on what part of the lake you are accessing. Not sure about boating restrictions. You would want to check with Parks and Recreation on that.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 AM

Thank you for all the responses. Considering a move is a tough decision and I appreciate your feedback. What positive and negative's have you found living in NC? What would be your top 3 on each side? Right now I just envision all the positives but I am sure there are issue's I am looking past. I know the humidity will be higher than what I am used to. How about tornado's? I expect traffic to be hectic at certain times of the day. I know there is a vehicle tax. Is it yearly? Anything you can share would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary