Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 AM

519 posts, read 982,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMom View Post
You're right. Its six generations. Thank you for taking the trouble to evaluate it. And this is just back to the generation of the UNC founder. I think he was the third generation here, but I'm not going to dig my files out for you, sorry. Maybe that's really nine or so. Point is - not a newcomer. Watch out, newcomers - this is a tough bunch.
I'm sorry, but you don't have to be snide about it. My fiancee and I were wondering if you meant UNC-CH or the NC school system. I would think that you could recall such things from memory if your family is so important in the UNC history. (I have a good friend whose family goes back many years in this state and he can recall with great precision the details of his family's history). I don't appreciate being talked down to.

And yes, I am part of a tough bunch when it comes to education. I would hope critics of education could get one's facts straight before displaying such facts to we students.

Besides, nothing could prevent the Titanic from sinking whereas many people are trying to fix the problems within the WCPSS. Discord is not a bad thing, but exalting oneself as more important because you are not a newcomer and also demeaning the School Board members as the Gestapo is immature and counterproductive to the issues at hand.

Finally, a person who is not a newcomer is no more important than a transplant. ALL children are important when it comes to their education.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM

906 posts, read 2,382,037 times
Quote:
Either REALLY balance the schools, or just stop the pretense.
I say 'pretense' because certain areas seem to be immune to being bussed to the bad schools.
ITA and will further say that certain areas seem to be immune to being reassigned PERIOD. Even when their schools get overcrowded, they are immune.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
ITA and will further say that certain areas seem to be immune to being reassigned PERIOD. Even when their schools get overcrowded, they are immune.
Have you brought this up in the public meetings? Have you asked why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary