Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:04 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,417,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling 66 View Post
We are seriously thinking of moving to the Arbors. Any advice or pros and cons to share. Thank you. It is a big decision for us.
What exactly are your questions? My husband and I moved to Carolina Arbors in 12/2013 and really like it. We've made incredible friends that I know will be in our lives forever. We are not yet retired as are most of our closest friends which limits our participation in activities. We do things 1-2 evenings during the week and on weekends.

Have you visited yet? Piedmont Hall is gorgeous! We use both the indoor and outdoor pools. You can be as busy as you'd like.....activities and clubs galore.

Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Visiting CA in early October. Retiring early 2018 and planning to move from Texas back to the east coast to be near our grandkids in Fuquay-Varina. We are also looking at Creekside at Bethpage.

First question about CA is how far along are they in the development? When i look at the plan, there doesn't seem to be many 'Pinnacle" lots available.

Second question is opinions on the 2 communities and Pulte vs. AV home builders.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 AM

43,261 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnatsfan View Post
Visiting CA in early October. Retiring early 2018 and planning to move from Texas back to the east coast to be near our grandkids in Fuquay-Varina. We are also looking at Creekside at Bethpage.

First question about CA is how far along are they in the development? When i look at the plan, there doesn't seem to be many 'Pinnacle" lots available.

Second question is opinions on the 2 communities and Pulte vs. AV home builders.
Pulte will tell you that you are buying a lifestyle, not a home.
Their models aren't wearing particularly well, IMO.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:55 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
We've looked at both (out of curiosity - we bought in Regency at Brier Creek Country Club in 2013 (not exactly 55+ and now sold out) but only at the models between roughly 1800-2600 sq feet. We much preferred the models at Creekside. We like the location at CA better.

Before we bought at Regency, we toured Carolina Perserves in Cary (now sold out). Those models (we thought) were pretty bad, and I agree with Mike - even the models looked dated in 2012. But what REALLY turned us off was Pulte's refusal to accommodate any and all alterations to their plan. Get rid if the desk in the kitchen and just run the granite countop longer. No. It will save you money. No. We'll pay extra! No. Can we have a sliding glass door instead of that window? No. We'll pay extra! No. It was annoying as hell, and the same routine applies at CA.

We have several friends who were residents at Regency and just moved to CA (both made the mistake of building multi storey homes and now find that stairs are unmanageable ) Based on what they have said, I would expect CA to be built out by 2018.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:28 AM

166 posts, read 163,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Pulte will tell you that you are buying a lifestyle, not a home.
Their models aren't wearing particularly well, IMO.
By not holding up well, do you mean the floor plans are dated or not hitting the right buttons popularity wise? Or things like the exterior components are falling apart?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,417,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McWallace View Post
By not holding up well, do you mean the floor plans are dated or not hitting the right buttons popularity wise? Or things like the exterior components are falling apart?

I live in Carolina Arbors and have had no issues at all.
We closed on our home in 11/2013 and have had no maintenance issues to date.
We love our house and have been quite pleased pleased with the quality/construction.

The neighborhood has sold briskly...base price of our model has risen by $60K since we purchased.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:47 AM

43,261 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McWallace View Post
Construction and finishes.
Buy for the lifestyle.

Resale is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary