Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:48 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
Below, I have copied the options which realtor.com offers (over and beyond price, location, # beds/baths, house style). "Fuel type" is not mentioned.

In fact, I don't know how even a Realtor would search on fuel type, since it is not a field in the MLS printouts.

Fuel Type is an easy MLS search.
Realtor.com has a very pared down selection of fields.
There are about 600 fields in the MLS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 04:49 PM

496 posts, read 553,070 times
Never fear. I bet I can find the sites of all the nice sales people who have responded to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I can't suggest you go to my company's website!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:52 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Flooring
Carpet, Hardwood, Tile Floor
Foundation Crawl Space
Fuel Heat Natural Gas
Garage 3
Green Bldg HERS Rating
Green Cert. Uploaded
Heating Dual Zone Heat, Forced Air
Lot Description Corner Lot, Wood

"Fuel Heat" is listed in my MLS (see above). Not sure which other searches have them. I don't use Realtor.com or Trulia or any of the others but I would think somewhere in there is an advanced option to search for gas heat. Or, propane heat.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Never fear. I bet I can find the sites of all the nice sales people who have responded to this thread.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:56 PM

Do any of those searches allow you to search for GAS WATER HEATER? Good chance if you have a gas water heater that you'll have gas heat.

Once you know that a certain subdivision has gas heat (for example, I told you the homes that I pulled up in Ethan's Glen have gas heat), you can search for homes in that n'hood.

Once you find a home you like, BEFORE you make an offer, have your Agent VERIFY that it is indeed gas heat. Sometimes agents put incorrect info. into MLS.

Just the other day, I asked my seller if her street was a private street and she was absolutely certain it was not. She was wrong.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:06 PM

496 posts, read 553,070 times
Good catch...those are the streets where the residents pay for upkeep, correct? You'd think the seller would know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Just the other day, I asked my seller if her street was a private street and she was absolutely certain it was not. She was wrong.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Good catch...those are the streets where the residents pay for upkeep, correct? You'd think the seller would know!
Actually, with a private street, the HOA takes care of it. Important to a potential buyer because if HOA runs out of funds and street needs upkeep, homeowners would be responsible.

Public streets are usually maintained by the town/city.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 PM

150 posts, read 227,482 times
My house is listed as forced air and it is definitely gas with a gas water heater.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:39 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,150 times
Quote:
All excellent general advice, thank you kindly.

If anyone has any suggestions as to nice subdivisions where there definitely is natural gas heat, I'd welcome those.

Thanks again!
First of all I am not or have not ever been a Real Estate agent. But if you have a real estate agent and you have advised them: under $900K, no heat pump, no postage stamp lot, and no one close enough to peep in your windows, etc. and that real estate agent has not found you houses to look at in Triangle area, you need a new real estate agent. Questions you have been asking would easily be answered by a good real estate agent. Comission on your price home should get you a highly qualified agent.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:49 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
For example... and I'm not necessarily a huge Toll Brothers fan, but this is a resale, so it should be a decent deal and it's on a huge lot:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...01-46870?row=3

I know not the people selling it, and everyone here knows I'd never go outta my way to recommend Toll Brothers.

So, yes... this is for example, but there you go. Gas heat.

And, it's in a good location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary