Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 PM

25 posts, read 65,675 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an African American hair salon, I just moved here from Florida and I had the same person that does my hair for a very, very long time. I am looking for a very nice place, no use of profanity, or anything that will make me uncomforable,I want to go where the people that do hair have there own hair together, I don't want to go in no alley or in someone house, anybody know where or I will just have to travel back to Florida every three months, is it worth it? OH YES, I take care of my hair, it took me a long time to get this hair to my shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 AM

67 posts, read 331,337 times
Salon Deja Vu On Atlantic Ave Is Very Good. I'm From The Caribbean And Was Looking For Everything You're Looking For Right Now. And I Found It There. All The Best.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 19,005 times
Default Looking for the same thing

I am relocating to Raleigh from Detroit and I need to find a great hairstylist. I dont have a perm nor do I want to get one. I am looking for someone who can press my hair. I too have healthy hair and it is shoulder length so I want someone who will maintain my texture and length ( and help it grow longer, that would be nice). Im trying to convince my hair stylist to come down with me ...but I will have to find at least 20 people for his clientele first.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 PM

42 posts, read 148,620 times
The best salon I have found here is Love U hair salon on hwy 55 near high house. It specializes in all types of hair at a very reasonable price for the Raleigh area. She has helped me grow my hair out after I had my baby and lost a great deal of hair. I am not African American but my hair is very dry and curly so it has been hard for me to grow in the past if I also want to color it. If you can't find a good salon that is specific to African American hair I would surely give her a shot. She has done hair for over 20 years and she is very willing to work with her clients to achieve the desired results. Best of luck!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 PM

4 posts, read 19,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsj2009 View Post
I am relocating to Raleigh from Detroit and I need to find a great hairstylist. I dont have a perm nor do I want to get one. I am looking for someone who can press my hair. I too have healthy hair and it is shoulder length so I want someone who will maintain my texture and length ( and help it grow longer, that would be nice). Im trying to convince my hair stylist to come down with me ...but I will have to find at least 20 people for his clientele first.
I'm also from Detroit originally but now I reside in Phoenix but I found a stylist that's from Michigan. I've decided that Phoenix isn't for me so I will be moving to Raleigh. Did you find someone with that Detroit flavor for natural virgin hair. I too get my hair pressed and I need someone that can maintain that. Please help!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:54 AM

226 posts, read 787,697 times
Curious... what is "pressing"?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM

185 posts, read 472,784 times
Go to Tica's Xclusive...she has a great spirit and location and actually styles her own hair. She is also in a good area. (919) 828-8844

Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 8,223 times
I know someone who needs to find a top-notch stylist for sew-in weaves in the Cary/Raleigh/Durham area. Any suggestions?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 AM

4 posts, read 19,454 times
Thanks so much! I will be back in Raleigh next month so I will be checking out Tica. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary