Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,518 times

Advertisements

Apartments in general work his way. In areas with high concentrations of apartments rates are generally more reasonable as there is more competition. If there are just 2 or 3 complexes. i.e. Knightdale or Brier Creek then things will stay on the higher side normally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 12:12 PM

50 posts, read 63,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
When I was shopping around last year, I found Cary had the best deals on apartments. Probably because of the large number of apartment complexes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
Apartments in general work his way.
In areas with high concentrations of apartments rates are generally more reasonable as there is more competition. If there are just 2 or 3 complexes. i.e. Knightdale or Brier Creek then things will stay on the higher side normally.
Ah this is a huge insight! I was sort of noticing this too.

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:52 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,908 times
If you want to stay in Cary, check out: Brampton Moors Apartments Cary, NC.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:28 PM

50 posts, read 63,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
If you want to stay in Cary, check out: Brampton Moors Apartments Cary, NC.
You know, that might be the best choice.

$709 for 600 sq, feet
or
$799 for 740 sq. feet

Old 05-10-2015, 01:38 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comintel View Post

$709 for 600 sq, feet
or
$799 for 740 sq. feet
It seems to be a nice little community and I've heard good things about the apartments. I own a house nearby and love the area. The only problem might be actually getting in there, as I think apartments go pretty quick. Sounds like you might have some flexibility though.

Good luck!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:35 PM

32 posts, read 25,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SeanWalker- View Post
You have to get further away from RTP to find better rates. the smaller towns in the main triangle counties , or towns in bordering counties like Clayton, or Mebane.
I actually would caution against this logic as a rule.

I just finished a month-long apartment search since I am moving to the area from Greenville, N.C. My only stipulations were price and safety, so I was not being picky by any means.

I found many of the outlying towns like Garner, Clayton, Knightdale and others have the same or higher rent (in a less convenient location). I absolutely did not find considerably lower rent in those smaller towns, unless it was an income-restricted property or in a terrible area (based on local crime data).

I found that the lowest reasonable rent (no utilities included) both within and outside Raleigh for a small 1br/1ba was about $800-$900. You may be able to find slightly lower, and you certainly can find higher, but that was about average, I found.

Fees also are high. I found that application fees ranged from $75-150 and "administrative fees" were anywhere from $125 to more than $200. Pet fees (not refundable, not a deposit, just the privilege of having a pet on the property) were $200 minimum, but more likely $250-$400. Pet rent also is charged almost everywhere, and averages about $20.

During my search, I read hundreds of reviews on all of the major sites and visited dozens of properties. I will say that while the reviews are, of course, overwhelmingly biased toward the negative, if you see several recent reviews with similar complaints, it's likely true.

But by all means, ask questions of property management or the owner. Ask anything and everything and never, ever feel uncomfortable asking questions. I actually had several complexes think I was "shopping" them as if I were a secret shopper or something because I asked so many specific questions over the phone, email and in person. If a property won't answer questions about their policies, condition of buildings and facilities, or reviews you've seen, that's a huge red flag in my experience. Within reason, they shouldn't balk at any questions you have.

And never, ever sign a lease without viewing the exact unit you will move into, if possible. Don't just view a model and sign.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
not Knightdale! My daughter lived in Cary and until recently, lived in a Kdale apartment, she said that Kdale apartment rent is more expensive than some other areas. When she looked early this year, she found better deals in Cary and North Raleigh.
Absolutely agree. I found the best prices/safest area combinations to be in north Raleigh, though if you want to go downtown frequently, traffic is not fun.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comintel View Post

$709 for 600 sq, feet
or
$799 for 740 sq. feet
If you're truly flexible about location, take a look at Amelia Village in Clayton. Great reviews, lots of longtime residents and reasonable rent for the area. But units there also go quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary