Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 PM

36 posts, read 84,119 times

Advertisements

Well, don't I feel stupid! I should have known those home terms...I've been house searching all day and I guess I'm just tired!

I guess if you're an avid golfer, it's a reasonable community fee, but coming from ME and paying only @ $275.00 for a seasonal family membership at our local club that sounds really expensive, but I'm sure the courses are far better than ours.

A resale house is a home that someone owns and then sells. So, there are resales and new construction. New construction, no one has lived in, resale has previous owners

The the initiation fee for that neighborhood is actually quite reasonable for the type of course it is going to be. There are neighborhoods with the same type of course with 20k initiation fees. For people who are avid golfers, paying 200 a month is cheaper than paying 75 dollars each time they play.

Leigh[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 11:38 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,666,791 times
I pay $340 a year for nothing more than the signs and the landscaping around the signs. It's not much, but then again, I don't get much for it.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,645,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
My apt complex gives a playground, clubhouse, business center, and fitness center along with full maintenance.

Why buy when you can be pampered by a good property manager?
Because I don't like to listen to the people above me. Because I don't like it when the lady downstairs bangs the ceiling every time my kids make noise. Because I want to park in front of my door when I have groceries to bring inside. And too many other reasons to list. That's why I'm glad it works for you. But it was temporary housing for my family.

Not all HOAs have high fees. Oxxford Hunt in Cary has reasonable fees that includes a pool and a greenway to Bond Park. I would not live in a neighborhood that would charge extra to join the pool instead of including it in the regular fees. Moderator cut: removed puts the HOA fees in the listing and notes if it's monthly, yearly, etc.

Last edited by autumngal; 02-08-2008 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: to comply with the TOS, no real estate sites please

Old 01-20-2008, 06:45 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,044,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Moderator cut: removed puts the HOA fees in the listing and notes if it's monthly, yearly, etc.
That's the site I used during our house hunt & I found a few discrepencies. It's supposed to identify whether the fee listed is monthly or annually, but not all of the listings are so clear. I suspect that sometimes the people putting the information into the system are not as thorough as they should be.

Last edited by autumngal; 02-08-2008 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: quote edited

Old 01-20-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
That's the site I used during our house hunt & I found a few discrepencies. It's supposed to identify whether the fee listed is monthly or annually, but not all of the listings are so clear. I suspect that sometimes the people putting the information into the system are not as thorough as they should be.
When I first started my housing search it did not specify how often. Then I noticed they added monthly, yearly and so on. So, it looks like they are making improvements. I also went into scock when I discovered that some $200 HOA fees were monthly instead of yearly. LOL!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,124,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Because I don't like to listen to the people above me. Because I don't like it when the lady downstairs bangs the ceiling every time my kids make noise. Because I want to park in front of my door when I have groceries to bring inside. And too many other reasons to list. That's why I'm glad it works for you. But it was temporary housing for my family.

Not all HOAs have high fees. Oxxford Hunt in Cary has reasonable fees that includes a pool and a greenway to Bond Park. I would not live in a neighborhood that would charge extra to join the pool instead of including it in the regular fees. Moderator cut: removed puts the HOA fees in the listing and notes if it's monthly, yearly, etc.
Not to argue, but a tenant can always select a first floor flat, as we do, to eliminate noise complaints from tenants below.

We almost never hear our upstairs neighbor because of good insulation, and parking is almost always available at our front door.

I certainly understand your desire not to rent, but do want to show how good apartment selection can make a happier experience.

Of course, one big plus comes when your heat pump goes to compressor heaven leaving its replacement cost to your landlord.

Our maint supervisor won super of the year last year from the Triangle Apt Assn and service is both prompt and efficient.

There are advantages to renting and to owning.

Last edited by autumngal; 02-08-2008 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: quote edited

Old 01-20-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Our maint supervisor won super of the year last year from the Triangle Apt Assn and service is both prompt and efficient.
Well, I can see why you would recommend your apt complex to people looking to rent in North Raleigh!

Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,124,746 times
I highly recommend Northridge Crossings. Spacious and decent rents.

I'm community watch captain, and the few issues that crop up are promptly handled by management. The office staff is very pleasant and tries to please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary