Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Crabtree is/becoming overdeveloped?
Overdeveloped 18 43.90%
Just about right 13 31.71%
Needs even more development 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 08:18 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,518,902 times

Advertisements

Lots of activity at and around Crabtree Mall. It seems,at least to me it may be getting a little out of hand. The traffic is pretty bad already. Not to mention the mall floods,let's just say often. The city is/was working on the drainage,but with all the new development who knows if it will be enough?

I'd hate to own a home downstream along Crabtree Creek right about now.

Here are just a few of the projects underway or soon to come to the Crabtree area.

Crabtree Valley Mall to start work on storefront expansion, deck ramp - Triangle Business Journal

Soleil Center project in Raleigh

J Alexander's restaurant coming to old Steak & Ale site near Raleigh's Crabtree Valley Mall - Triangle Business Journal

Carolina Row Crabtree Valley Mall Reviews - Wojdylo Social Media

Crabtree area mixed-use project under way in Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal

Developers plan major redevelopment project near Raleigh's Crabtree Valley | News & Observer News & Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 AM

43,317 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Channeling Yogi Berra: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Old 05-09-2015, 08:55 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Channeling Yogi Berra: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
I was horrified by the parking situation the one time I tried to visit. Crabtree's congested parking is worse than anything in the Washington DC area.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:04 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,936,123 times
Pick and choose the best times to go to Crabtree and it's not bad at all

Old 05-09-2015, 09:16 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I was horrified by the parking situation the one time I tried to visit. Crabtree's congested parking is worse than anything in the Washington DC area.
You just have to know where to park (isn't that the always the case?). Go around back of the mall and take Crabtree Valley Ave to , head up Edwards Mill Rd, and take the 1st right off Edwards Mill Rd. This will take you into the 2nd level behind the mall. You can sometimes get a spot near the food court entrance, but if you don' you can find a parking space near Macy's, even during the peak of Christmas season. Little hassle or traffic in-or-out.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:24 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
You just have to know where to park (isn't that the always the case?). Go around back of the mall and take Crabtree Valley Ave to , head up Edwards Mill Rd, and take the 1st right off Edwards Mill Rd.
Thanks, I figured there was a "secret entrance" the locals knew about. I really dislike the asuumption that one should use the valet parking on the upper level.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,798,761 times
Quote:
Have you been to Tysons lately?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:15 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,948,444 times
Quote:
Thanks, I figured there was a "secret entrance" the locals knew about. I really dislike the asuumption that one should use the valet parking on the upper level.
There are four parking decks and at least 6 entrances to parking. The folks I tend to hear whining about the parking seem to be the ones that use the two busiest entrances - the "front" entrance off Glenwood Avenue and the entrance off Creedmoor Road Extension. As someone above mentioned, the entrance off Edwards Mill Road near the food court is often the easiest and usually has plenty of available parking, especially near Macy's. From that entrance you can also traverse the two "rear" decks and head toward Belk, cross onto the newest deck where Brio, etc are located, or drive around the front side of the mall toward Cheesecake Factory, etc.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,948,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
The traffic is pretty bad already.
With the exception of the stretch of Glenwood from Creedmoor to I-440, I don't find the traffic in the area around the mall to be that bad.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:26 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,936,123 times
I always cross Glenwood from Lead Mine when going to Crabtree...up Edwards Mill going several different ways to the rear parking areas. I like the Food Court level...as already mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary