Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,167 times

Advertisements

Hi- can any parents out there tell me a little about each school? I'm speaking about reputation, community feel, personal experiences (both positive & negative) etc. I've noticed there was some discussion on previous threads, back in 2011, so I'd like some "updated" opinions (since schools are always being capped and kids re-shuffled. I imagine that would change school dynamics).

Our base elementary school is Morrisville (YR) and our base MS is W. Cary (trad.). I was told by WCPSS Student Assignment that even though we map to W. Cary, it's usually not a problem to transfer to E. Cary to stay on YR if we wish (which might be advantageous for us b/c for 2 years we will have one child in elementary and 1 in middle school).

If I *might* have a chance to actually pick a middle school, I'd be curious to hear what the "word on the streets" was about the 2. I hate to use web sites such as greatschools.org b/c I feel like mostly dissatisfied people comment on there and I hate to use only test scores b/c I don't think they tell the overall "greatness" of a school. Like pretty much every other parent on these boards, I'd like a nice, safe, academically challenging school community. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 12:25 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
I have an 8th grader getting ready to leave ECMS and she has loved every minute of it! It's been a great 3 years, we're going to miss it!

Old 05-14-2015, 12:36 PM

108 posts, read 203,803 times
I have a 6th grader at ECMS and it has been great. I love the year-round schedule and have zero complaints on the school. One nice thing about ECMS is that the 6th graders are generally kept separated from the 7th and 8th graders, so that they can adapt to middle school. The current ECMS principal is moving to the high school level, so hopefully the new principal is just as good.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
My daughter is finishing up at WCMS this year. No real complaints.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:11 AM

120 posts, read 206,347 times
Any more thoughts on WCMS? We are most likely going to be assigned there since our zoned middle is capped.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:58 PM

120 posts, read 206,347 times
So, my daughter comes home today with her school assignment and it seems like she is assigned to Mills Park MS. Would we be assigned to this school if it was capped? Or is this our assignment because we are zoned for the school but since it is capped, we will get another letter later telling us to go to WCMS?
Confused.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:33 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_terp View Post
I have a 6th grader at ECMS and it has been great. I love the year-round schedule and have zero complaints on the school. One nice thing about ECMS is that the 6th graders are generally kept separated from the 7th and 8th graders, so that they can adapt to middle school. The current ECMS principal is moving to the high school level, so hopefully the new principal is just as good.
I realize this is an older post but I gotta ask ,wouldn't keeping 6th graders seperate hinder adjusting to middle school ? Maybe not academically but socially perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary