Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times

Advertisements

I'd love to hear from 10 Wake County teachers who moved to another state purely for a better teaching job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 04:44 PM

510 posts, read 900,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'd love to hear from 10 Wake County teachers who moved to another state purely for a better teaching job.
I know of 6 of the top of my head that moved to other states for better teaching jobs (2 to California, PA, Wisconsin, Florida, and the other I can't remember what state she moved to) another left teaching all together for a higher paying job, another joined the air force at age 25 (last year) because he felt there was no future for him. I'm sure I can think of more.--and I'm not a teacher, I just have two kids in WCPSS and volunteer constantly.
Not going to get into a pissing contest over this, but FVHS has lost sooooo many teachers over the past few years. Many have quit mid year leaving other teachers to cover their classes. As I stated before, everyone has their own opinions and have had different experiences with WCPSS. I'm sure their are worse school systems, and I know there are better ones.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:39 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
I know two who are looking to get out of teaching altogether and one who is moving this summer to another state, but it's not because of Wake County, she is "going home". I think teaching overall has become a crap job and working for little money and poor benefits is sending people young enough to still have options into another line of work.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:56 AM

544 posts, read 851,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I know two in Wake Co. who relocated to PA for better jobs, and another in Johnston Co. who just completed a masters to help get out of the classroom.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:38 PM

38 posts, read 41,300 times
My hubby and I are moving to Clayton this summer and one of the main reasons we wanted to get out of Northern Virginia is so I don't have to teach anymore and can work part time. I looked at the salaries in NC just for curiosity and was floored to see how low the pay is. I've been a teacher for 10 years and am sooooooo burned out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary