Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:04 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I'm going shopping today and promise to look for it. I know what your talking about and am surprised you can't find it. Worst comes to worst ,take her to Cracker Barrel. That's the single serve jam brand they use. In fact they probably sell the jars in their shop. I'm a sucker for those little maple syrups as well. The jam packets are round instead of square.
Thanks so much. She and I discussed it a little bit last night. She specifically is looking for Strawberry PRESERVES if you see it.

I will definitely try Cracker Barrel. So glad you posted that, as I would likely never go there without the advice.

(They wouldn't let me Rep you again, but this is much appreciated)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 06:08 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Thanks so much. She and I discussed it a little bit last night. She specifically is looking for Strawberry PRESERVES if you see it.

I will definitely try Cracker Barrel. So glad you posted that, as I would likely never go there without the advice.

(They wouldn't let me Rep you again, but this is much appreciated)
You might have to take that rep back. I had to edit my post after learning it's a different brand after I checked website. SORRY....... Now I definitely have to find it.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
You might have to take that rep back. I had to edit my post after learning it's a different brand after I checked website. SORRY....... Now I definitely have to find it.
Nah, Rep-ettiquette says no take-backs.

(and you saved me a trip to Cracker Barrel, which is not on my list of places to go)

Old 05-29-2015, 09:57 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times
Just tell her that artificial strawberry flavoring comes from beaver anal glands. Problem solved.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:06 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
And people think I'm snarky. Just let the poor girl have her darn preserves. I don't care if a beaver ejects it or not. Sometimes it's more about the familiarity then the actual quality. Same thing with hot dogs and ice cream. How many times do we read about Nathan's,red hots or Blue Bell.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:40 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
STRAWBERRIES, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, FRUIT PECTIN, CITRIC ACID.

That's the ingredients....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Just tell her that artificial strawberry flavoring comes from beaver anal glands. Problem solved.
No artificial strawberry flavoring. Problem solved.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No artificial strawberry flavoring. Problem solved.
OK I could have read more replies. I just wanted to talk about the beaver anal glands.

Also I still eat strawberry Pop Tarts and pretend I don't know.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,536,739 times
Default Why Bother?

The best strawberry is Bon Maman
Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves, 13 oz - Walmart.com

Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Yeah, Im sure there's tons of beaver farms out there where they harvest all the fake flavoring out there in processed food world. Not so much. I wouldn't doubt that they synthesized it from some place weird like that, but they are not farming large amounts of beavers to provide us fake fruit flavor. And I believe it's the blue raspberry anyway. I think that's a job for snopes.

And I'm sorry I have nothing to add on the Knottsberry Farm front, but I will keep my eyes open.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:37 AM

You guys are up in arms about the beavers.

Poppydog: this typeface is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary