U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM
tnw tnw started this thread

57 posts, read 144,668 times

Advertisements

Is is possible to get a 1200 square ft home in WF with good structure, crawl space, good foundation for around 100,000? Is there any zip codes that you know that are nice?
Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 01:54 PM

2,835 posts, read 6,983,955 times
The answer is simply yes. I done a quick search and found 27 homes in the 27587 zip code, Wake Forest area that ranged from $75k to $125k.

Good luck and give WF a look!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:04 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,553,747 times
wake forest has only one zip code, 27587, because it is a smaller town, you can safely search with the area code..............many locations in the triangle, you shouldn't rely on the zip code, as they are kind of oddly placed and moved! In other words, they don't mean much!

With homes, you can find some homes with your parameters. If you lower your square footage requirements, you will find more. Also, if you include townhomes, you will also widen your choices.

Leigh

Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM

579 posts, read 2,768,126 times
You could also do very well on your budget in Fuquay-Varina (Just as far as WF from Raleigh but on the opposite side to the south ) and Clayton.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM
tnw tnw started this thread

57 posts, read 144,668 times
Thanks, I am also wonering in Durham where would you say is nice? Historic? Central? East or SW? there prices are really good?
Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 03:22 PM

579 posts, read 2,768,126 times
There are some very nice areas in Durham but honestly with 100K, you may not end up in one of them. The nice areas of Durham tend to be a littler pricier (deservedly so). If I was on your budget and wanted to be in really safe, nice town I personally would choose WF, FV, Clayton, Garner, & Holly Springs, (pushin it though), and Hillsborough. 100K in more desireable areas and the bigger cities (Raleigh, Durham) are probably not going to be in such nice areas or non-existent. If you can do a townhome, that would open up more options for you.

When we bought, our budget was 150K and that was tight or impossible for the more desirable areas (N Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Chapel Hill, SW Durham, Etc) and that was 3 years ago. We ended up in FV which is a generally safe, small quiet town that is growing like crazy (good for the investment aspect). I also liked Clayton very much for all the same reasons and you can get a lot of bang for your buck there, too. It's a little more rural but pretty, safe, quiet, and growing. Good schools, too (if that matters to you).

OK, I'm trying to be optimistic for you with more options but the truth is if I personally had to do it over again with 100K, I'd end up in FV or Clayton. Maybe WF but I was under the impression that wouldn't get me too far there. I may be wrong though as per above post.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:26 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,553,747 times
I think you are accurate, in that there is *not* a lot in wake forest for 100k and under. You could probably get more in youngsville, or franklinton. But like you said, in the larger towns (and cities) that have already experienced or are the midst of their boom, you are not going to find a ton. Places like clayton, knightdale, zebulon, someone would definitely have more chances of finding a nicer home in an nicer neighborhood.

Leigh

Old 01-20-2008, 05:46 PM

9,680 posts, read 25,965,757 times
My son's girlfriend is from Zebulon, a native NC lass.

Decent prices and crime's not out of control.

Good place if your budget is tight.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM

93 posts, read 278,814 times
Default Wake forest homes.

You can find some homes homes in 27610 Raleigh Area code for that price. This is close to the down town and also close to Garner. I think you should check them out.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 AM

1,539 posts, read 5,341,070 times
I think you can even check the Creedmoor area, and if your checking Clayton also check Smithfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>