Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:36 PM

609 posts, read 505,940 times

Advertisements

Since the close of the crossing, NC54 has been a nightmare. It was already congested, but now it is even worse. I don't even have the impression that the pathetic traffic in Morrisville is bothering any of the town of Morrisville folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 10:41 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Where would you go to see these Town of Morrisville folks to obtain an impression of them in the first place?

Old 06-18-2015, 07:04 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Since the close of the crossing, NC54 has been a nightmare. It was already congested, but now it is even worse. I don't even have the impression that the pathetic traffic in Morrisville is bothering any of the town of Morrisville folks.
You would be horribly wrong. Everyone here is fed up. However, the church street crossing, the fiasco of not widening 54, etc are all out of our control. They are NCDOT and NC Railroad issues. If you are going to blame one town you can certainly help by staying off our roads and only driving in your own town though. We have even voted to increase our taxes twice I the last 10 years to improve roads where 90% of drivers are not from town and not paying the taxes.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:41 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,831,626 times
Looks like NCRR and NS may not be as hard headed as we thought. Morrisville and NCDOT seem to be on the verge of an agreement that will allow them to add 2 more lanes across the RR at McCrimmon, as a part of the McCrimmon Extension / connection to Evans Road. They are planning/hoping to begin construction on the part with the RR crossing about 1 year from now.

http://www2.townofmorrisville.org/we...otes%20(3).pdf

This will of course be a temporary arrangement until the grade separation is built. This may be getting passed as a "trade" for closing the 4 lanes at Morrisville Parkway and 2 lanes at Hopson since I believe the ratio with NCRR seems to be 3 lanes closed => 1 lane opened.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:24 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
I had heard that a few weeks back. It's good news, but at the same time I think it's due to the realization that the grade separation is much further out than was hoped after the ridiculous designs for 54 they are putting out there. It is also part of an overall lengthening of the Evans/McCrimmon 54 bypass project by about two years that I'm not too happy about.

But this will be a HUGE help to traffic in a about a mile each way from the intersection. We just need to make sure they do not eliminate right on red at the same time as that will counteract much of the benefits of extra lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary