Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:25 PM

551 posts, read 1,874,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
I think "talented and gifted" children do need a special service if it is available. Without it, I could see a lot of children being bored in their classroom.
What I was addressing is what in my opinion is the ability of Catholic schools to meet the needs of most children in the classroom. Everyone in my family (4 kids) and my husband's family (8 kids) went on to go to college and beyond and are all (except for one with Down Syndrome) successful professionals. Likewise my children, who went to public high schools.

Parents need to look at the specific school they are considering for their children, and decide how their children's needs will be met. I feel that many kids, even very bright ones, benefit from the structured environment and the religious education. But, that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 07:49 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,435,715 times
My daughter went to OLL for many years and she never, ever had a bad teacher. It's a great school.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:12 AM

32 posts, read 138,581 times
Sending your children to a small Catholic school requires a great deal of support from the entire family. It is not only a faith based decision but Catholic schools do not have the budget to provide all the bells and whistles that other schools offer. Class offerings can be limited. Our children attend St. Catherine's in Wake Forest and while we have some issues with the lack of support to expand the school we are pleased with their teachers.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM

94 posts, read 433,578 times
Does anyone have an opinion on St. Michael School in Cary?

Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM

32 posts, read 138,581 times
It is a well regarded school and is more affluent than some of the other Catholic Schools in the area. The parish is very large.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:12 PM

171 posts, read 451,809 times
Default Also the ECC program at St. Michael's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymiami View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on St. Michael School in Cary?
We'd also like to hear about St. Michael's the Archangel school. We have enrolled our daughter in the ECC program there and may consider sending our son there for 2nd grade. So in addition to comments on regular school, does anyone have any experience with their ECC program?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary