Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:08 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
this is a very interesting topic (grabs the popcorn).

Now, I would ask why the lowered $50 rate was OK for 12 months, but the "normal" $90 rate for the 2nd year is so egregious.

I can see where, if you've now realized that you want to unplug and are going to get your watching/internet entertainment at $30/month that the $90 seems a way overspend.

But otherwise, you're looking at $480 in higher rate vs what sounds like an equal amount in cancellation.
Someone else on the thread said it was $400 something..I never said that..
I think it would be about $240..

In general I have decided I don't watch the Direct TV enough to keep it , the bump to $90 is just
more to spend on something I don't really need...

I just know that sometimes you can talk these companies out of fees..
Direct TV has lost several class action law suits about negative cancelation policies & early termination fees..

I just talked Verizon into lowering my bill $100..
I guess that confirms to smokijoo that I am completely morally bankrupt LOL..

Old 06-11-2015, 08:33 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
If I was successful reversing my fee, why not give it a chance? The contacts are so loaded in the providers interest. it's worth trying to get out of it. What is it about the American public that so consistently vote/opts/signs against their own interests? The contract I "signed" was given verbally over the phone in shotgun speed and I never for a copy. Why not try to negotiate out of it.

It never ceases to amaze me how Americans will sign/vote against their own best interests. You signed a contract which left you no options and was entirely in DirecTV's interest. No negotiation, no say, no nothing. Get out of it if you can. However you can. In a couple of years, the technological advances will put them in the crossshairs of having to be more accommodating to customers. Let them know that you are in control and will leave them behind if they don't behave. When it comes to morality and obligations, let THEM bear the consequences.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:47 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
If I was successful reversing my fee, why not give it a chance? The contacts are so loaded in the providers interest. it's worth trying to get out of it. What is it about the American public that so consistently vote/opts/signs against their own interests? The contract I "signed" was given verbally over the phone in shotgun speed and I never for a copy. Why not try to negotiate out of it.

It never ceases to amaze me how Americans will sign/vote against their own best interests. You signed a contract which left you no options and was entirely in DirecTV's interest. No negotiation, no say, no nothing. Get out of it if you can. However you can. In a couple of years, the technological advances will put them in the crossshairs of having to be more accommodating to customers. Let them know that you are in control and will leave them behind if they don't behave. When it comes to morality and obligations, let THEM bear the consequences.
Thanks for your input !!!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:09 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
What does this have to do with Raleigh or Durham?

Old 06-11-2015, 09:22 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
What does this have to do with Raleigh or Durham?
I think it has something to do with taking Uber to RDU for a high speed rail local connection without tipping the driver or stopping for pizza, because we don't have pizza here.

Yep.
That's all I got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary