Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,166 times

Advertisements

I am looking at Raleigh as a relocation option. I currently live in DC and basically the questions you ask are the same ones I would have asked. These responses are great! I can agree with special_guest. I live in DC and have had no luck on the dating scene, and as someone approaching 40, I'm pretty close to adopting because it looks like kids aren't in the cards if I stay here. I hope that changes for me in Raleigh!

Telecommutermover, have you visited the area? I'm going this weekend to scope it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 10:11 AM

9 posts, read 25,437 times
iheartsugar: How was your trip to Raleigh/ the Triangle? What did you think?

I'm planning on visiting there at the end of July/early August.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:18 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,728,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecommutermover View Post
I'm planning on visiting there at the end of July/early August.
Be aware that that's when our weather is the worst (hot and muggy), but therefore it's a good time to visit, since it you can make it then, you shouldn't have a problem the rest of the year.

I'm curious why you were looking into the area if you've never been? What did you hear about the area that made you interested in relocating here?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Be aware that that's when our weather is the worst (hot and muggy), but therefore it's a good time to visit, since it you can make it then, you shouldn't have a problem the rest of the year.

I'm curious why you were looking into the area if you've never been? What did you hear about the area that made you interested in relocating here?
Glassdoor.com rates Raleigh as one of the top 10 cities for tech and many current job openings in Raleigh align well with what I do. Raleigh is also cheaper than where I live now and was also rated as #16 for neighborhood diversity by Pricenomics --but #22 for diversity overall -- which makes me curious to personally investigate:

http://priceonomics.com/the-most-and...es-in-america/

I think I've narrowed it down between Raleigh and Washington, D.C. I'll visit both later this summer.

And thanks for the advice on the weather for when I'll be visiting!

Last edited by telecommutermover; 07-06-2015 at 05:11 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 04:42 PM

Glassdoor.com rates Raleigh as one of the top 10 cities for tech and many current job openings in Raleigh align well with what I do. Raleigh was also rated as #16 for neighborhood diversity by Pricenomics (but #22 for diversity overall):

http://priceonomics.com/the-most-and...es-in-america/

Right now, I've narrowed it down between Raleigh and Washington, D.C. I'll visit both later this summer.

And thanks for the advice on the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post

Old 07-07-2015, 04:06 AM

363 posts, read 430,754 times
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend Raleigh or any part of NC for that matter. It won't be much different from Virginia. You pretty much summed up the life here by describing Virginia in which there is no dating scene and everybody your age is married with kids, except here it seems people do that even younger. Many people in late 20s and early 30s have families and settled down. There isn't much night life or culture for single people regardless of age. I recommend it for families but not for singles.

If you can work anywhere in the US then I recommend a bigger state or more modernized. You seem smart, you have your career and life together and just want a relationship for fun without wanting kids. People around here will most likely find that weird. If you've lived in the country your whole life, then I wouldn't recommend coming to another country pretending to be a city. I am hoping to move out of NC some time next year and I am 27. I want a bigger state like DC, Georgia, NY, or California.

Good luck, and btw, I admire you're not married and have no kids. I am planning the same except I don't think I want a serious relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary