Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:57 PM

84 posts, read 91,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
The Waze app can help route around traffic. It uses info from other active "Wazers" to see areas of congestion, cars on the side of the road, etc.
With technology comes changes, and those changes come in multiple waves.

Waze, Google maps etc. are routing people through residential neighborhood roads, and this is resulting in more traffic calming implementations. Now Wake County and City of Raleigh are upping taxes to pay for it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 06:56 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I live on Capital by Triangle and the traffic can be brutal going towards Wake Forest from 4 to about 6 PM.
I'm kind of curious - how often do you drive that during rush hour?

Old 06-20-2015, 08:08 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
I live on Capital by Triangle and the traffic can be brutal going towards Wake Forest from 4 to about 6 PM.
Yes, traffic does back up from the Neuse river to Burlington Mills rd. Expect the trip to take an extra 10 minutes if you encounter this traffic. Just my opinion but I hardly find that brutal.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:57 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I'm kind of curious - how often do you drive that during rush hour?
I see it since I live on Capital but use the side roads because I make sure my trips never include Wake Forest in the evening rush.

I chuckle at those who moved outward to get lower prices and pay for it twice daily.

Even Atlantic Ave, once a great shortcut, is now jammed solid every afternoon.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:46 PM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Yes, traffic does back up from the Neuse river to Burlington Mills rd. Expect the trip to take an extra 10 minutes if you encounter this traffic. Just my opinion but I hardly find that brutal.
My husband agrees with this. He makes the trek every day and the stop and go part is almost never more than 10 minutes. I agree it's not brutal.

Also, there are actually two lights for leaving TTC, one by the McDonalds and the other up near Party City and Capital.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
My husband agrees with this. He makes the trek every day and the stop and go part is almost never more than 10 minutes. I agree it's not brutal.

Also, there are actually two lights for leaving TTC, one by the McDonalds and the other up near Party City and Capital.
What I mean is getting out of the mall itself. It can be very difficult.

As you mention, there are 2 ways back to Capital but only the mall exit across from SECU has a light to get you out of the mall.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:05 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe it's difficult to get in or out of TTC mall. Last time I was there about a month ago half the stores have closed and hardly any foot traffic throughout the mall. But that's a different story and thread.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:17 AM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
Quote:

As you mention, there are 2 ways back to Capital but only the mall exit across from SECU has a light to get you out of the mall.
I'm going to respectfully disagree. I visit that mall several times a month and never have a hard time getting out at any of the exits. I regularly exit over by party city or near the back by Target.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
I'm going to respectfully disagree. I visit that mall several times a month and never have a hard time getting out at any of the exits. I regularly exit over by party city or near the back by Target.
Try on a holiday especially around Christmas.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:42 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,155 times
Quote:
Try on a holiday especially around Christmas.
Well that could be said about every retail shopping area in the country. Holiday shopping is not the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary