Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times

Advertisements

If you have purchased a car or attempted to through Costco locally I would really like to hear about the experience, good and/or bad. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
What brand? I have heard that some folks around here have to go as far as Winston Salem to find participating stores. It is a relatively pain free process for getting a good price on a new car, but it isn't going to get you the cheapest price by any means.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:52 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
What brand? I have heard that some folks around here have to go as far as Winston Salem to find participating stores. It is a relatively pain free process for getting a good price on a new car, but it isn't going to get you the cheapest price by any means.
Probably Honda ........ what is the process to get the cheapest price ?

Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Knowledge, patience and flexibility.

At some point the laws of diminishing returns take effect. How much mud will you sling to save that last $200 on a $30k vehicle? Entirely up to you, but I feel like if you know your stuff, are able to wait for the right deal, and are flexible in how you execute it, you can easily be within that $200 without much stress at all.

I personally think that the two biggest areas people get taken on are trade-in and financing. Everyone knows to the penny what they might pay for the car, so dealers use that as a distraction and burn you on one of the other two. So do ALL of your homework.

I've got no facts to back any of this up, it's just my take. At the end of the day, if you FEEL like you got a good deal, and nothing to the contrary turns up, then you got a good deal. Celebrate and enjoy your new car.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:24 PM

492 posts, read 1,151,612 times
March 2015 we used Costco membership for a $3000 discount off our new car. The amount is dependent on the model and options. It was Crossroads Infiniti.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Be patient and shop online as much as you can. Try and get the dealers to compete against each other, try and work with an internet sales manager.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:58 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Yes, the Toyota Dealer in Winston Salem pays for leads from the local Costcos.

Bought 4 cars through their deal. No trade-ins. Sold previous cars via Craigslist. Did all transaction at local Credit Union, with notary present.

No dealer doc fee!

Car is delivered to house, with a full tank of gas and paper work is done on kitchen table.

I did my own financing via home equity loans.

All price stuff done via email.

You get your best deals via price research; and asking for a managers car or service loaner that has never been titled.
The above gets you a new car at a used car price.

Costco memberships are refundable if you are not happy.

(BTW, I buy my K-cup brewers and routers there and I get free lifetime returns/replacements.)

Old 07-01-2015, 01:09 PM

767 posts, read 1,847,368 times
For what its worth I got a great discount mortgage through Costco as well...they are the best!

Old 07-01-2015, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,288 times
Buy used. Buy privately. Do not finance, pay cash. That's the best way to save.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:25 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
The only thing easier and maybe better than buying through Costco is buying through USAA, who is also sometimes slightly cheaper. You've already received Great advice from K4GPB and Myghost (exxept that many dealerships do not have managers or loaner cars anymore, except for luxury models. Even dealers That do often offer them to employees before customers. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary