Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:23 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

I think people are misunderstanding something. They will be open during lunch hours in the future. They simply scaled back the hours this week so they can work with staff and find ways to fix the problems identified during their first week open. They will probably return to regular hours very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 01:39 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think people are misunderstanding something. They will be open during lunch hours in the future. They simply scaled back the hours this week so they can work with staff and find ways to fix the problems identified during their first week open. They will probably return to regular hours very soon.
That was my question. I suppose as long as they are actively having the staff in, I guess practicing it will help. Though given the lunch during the regular week must surely be less packed, it seems like a good time to have life customers there to see if the new proceedures work. There's only so much theory to taking beer orders and pulling tap handles .

Old 08-12-2015, 11:13 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Indy Week's profile on Hanley.
Niall Hanley, owner of the Raleigh Beer Garden and Hibernian, fights for respect | Wake County | Indy Week
Raleigh's own Trump.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:05 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Right down to how he treats other people from what I hear. Glad to see his hatred of competition al la the food truck thing does not extend to other bars.(and I don't have a thing against bars)

Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM

5,870 posts, read 6,940,842 times
I was in Huntsville, AL this week and went The Nook, where they advertise over 500 different beers (most in bottles/cans). I asked if they had heard about the Raleigh Beer Garden, and they said they were well aware of it.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:33 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I was in Huntsville, AL this week and went The Nook, where they advertise over 500 different beers (most in bottles/cans). I asked if they had heard about the Raleigh Beer Garden, and they said they were well aware of it.
The Raleigh Beer Garden has the (proposed) record for beers on tap, not total beers in other forms of consumption (can/bottle).

Old 08-15-2015, 05:31 AM

5,870 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
The Raleigh Beer Garden has the (proposed) record for beers on tap, not total beers in other forms of consumption (can/bottle).
Yes, I did not mean to imply otherwise. The folks at the Nook said they had no interest in changing their current business model, which is mostly cans/bottles, though they did have a very nice selection on tap. I was mentioning them to show the Beer Garden is getting attention outside of the triangle.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:25 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Yes, I did not mean to imply otherwise. The folks at the Nook said they had no interest in changing their current business model, which is mostly cans/bottles, though they did have a very nice selection on tap. I was mentioning them to show the Beer Garden is getting attention outside of the triangle.
Ah

Yeah, it will be interesting for sure what happens at other places around the the country. You just know there's some bar guy somewhere that has like 100 something taps currently and is just crazy enough to add a couple more hundred to take the record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary