Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM

580 posts, read 711,626 times

Advertisements

Just checked their FB page- the menu is now posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 09:07 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
Just checked their FB page- the menu is now posted.
Thanks! It looks like there are a couple of things I can probably enjoy! (I'm non-celiac, so I'm personally not too concerned with cross-contamination. But hopefully they do have accommodations for those who are)

Old 07-10-2015, 09:55 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,831 times
Quote:

I also heard there will be a ladies night and I think they also do a discounted Tuesday deal.
And maybe a men's night?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:09 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
And maybe a men's night?
We can only hope!

Old 07-10-2015, 10:44 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
And maybe a men's night?
Every night is men's night, right guys?

Old 07-11-2015, 07:05 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
I was at the new CineBowl (West Cary) last night for their pre-opening party.
For others, like me, that may have confused this place with the new one at Waverly Place....

Cary’s CineBowl & Grille, CinéBistro aim to make splash in cinema scene
Cary

Old 07-11-2015, 07:44 AM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Went to go check it out with some friends last night. Was very busy and the staff were very nice and it looked like a pretty cool place. Pretty expensive food though. $15 burgers. Decided to go to five guys for food instead but considering checking out Minions in the theater that serves food just to try it out. Pretty cool concept....just not something you can do very often.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:39 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Went to go check it out with some friends last night. Was very busy and the staff were very nice and it looked like a pretty cool place. Pretty expensive food though. $15 burgers. Decided to go to five guys for food instead but considering checking out Minions in the theater that serves food just to try it out. Pretty cool concept....just not something you can do very often.
Depending on what time you roll in there next time, just eat at Brixx, after 10 pizzas are buy one get one free every day.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:06 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Went for the "dine and recline" 6:30 showing of Minions for a double date tonight. Honestly not impressed. Overpriced food and tickets IMO. Yeah, it's cool that you get a more comfortable leather seat that reclines with a little table attached but as the above poster said; your much better off getting higher quality food at another restaurant and then seeing a cheaper movie. There's also just too much going on and obviously it's new so the staff are still new at their jobs but I saw a lot of frustrated patrons.

FYI the front row of the "dine and recline" theater isn't offered food service for whatever reason; but the movie ticket price is still $15 despite those being the worst seats in the house and not having the tables for food. The two families in front of us (we were in the 2nd row and that was a neck bender experience even with the recliner) weren't aware of this and angrily stormed out when the staff informed them of this in a naive "oh you didn't know that?" manner.

Food was luke-warm and over priced. Not very filling either. My date got a side-order of Parmesan fries that she still needed ketchup for (maybe that's just personal taste) and I got a Cuban sandwich with house-made chips and we both drank water; bill was $35. The other couple with us got the sliders and SW Chicken springrolls and their bill was almost $40.....that's after paying the $15 movie ticket prices.

We checked out the bowling alley and arcade but didn't bowl or play games; my observations...

Bowling alley was sensory overload for me with giant tv screens over the lanes and the arcade right above it. I did think it was cool that it was already "midnight bowling" with the lights off and lanes illuminated at 8:00 though.

Arcade was fine; about 1/3 of the games/machines weren't functional yet but I'm sure that will be a short-term setback.

It wasn't exactly the scene for me in the mid 20s dating/single lifestyle. I could see it being a cool thing for a middle aged couple with tween kids having a nice Saturday night family outing. I'd give them a few more weeks to get the kinks out though. Place was mobbed this weekend and they weren't really prepared.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:17 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
FYI the front row of the "dine and recline" theater isn't offered food service for whatever reason; but the movie ticket price is still $15 despite those being the worst seats in the house and not having the tables for food. The two families in front of us (we were in the 2nd row and that was a neck bender experience even with the recliner) weren't aware of this and angrily stormed out when the staff informed them of this in a naive "oh you didn't know that?" manner.
They were incorrectly charged then. If you go on Fandango, the 'Reserved' seats (front two rows) are $10 and the 'Dine & Recline' seats are $15.

By the way, Dine & Recline is $10 for matinee shows, so that's probably when I'll end up going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary