Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 04:43 AM

9 posts, read 8,615 times

Advertisements

Just moved my family to Holly Springs and purchased and new house. Looking to replace the bedroom furniture in our master bedroom. New bed, 2 dressers and 2 night stands. Also considering a new kitchen table. Is it worth a trip to Highpoint or should we just purchase locally? Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,962 times
I just did this. Here's what I found: Whitley Furniture Gallery in downtown Zebulon has a huge showroom with very high quality stuff. You will pay around $8,000 for a bedroom suite there, but it's heirloom quality. Rolesville Furniture Mart: Brands like Ashley and Vaughn Basset. Their prices beat out Raleigh Home Comfort by a landslide. The brands are more low end... Look nice but not great quality. Raleigh Home Comfort has one brand I liked: Aspen Home. It's not heirloom, but not Ashley furniture either. You are looking at spending $3,700 for a complete Aspen Home set. Costco carries Aspen Home as well. Basset was way overpriced for the quality. They have a clearance room where they put floor models(we bought in the clearance room). Heaveners had Aspen Home, Vaughn Basset, Kincaid, and Stanely. Prices were good there. I wasn't impressed at Havertys. I thought prices were high compared to the quality. I got what I wanted with Bassett... Not heirloom, but not cheap either. If I had the money to buy at Whitley, I would have bought there. The furniture was gorgeous and will last forever there.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:19 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
I'd say if you're planning on spending over $5,000 worth of furniture, it's worth going to FurnitureLand South. Otherwise, try Costco. Cooper's in Cary doesn't get enough attentiin from CD'rs. And Heavener's is worth a visit.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:45 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
It's worth a trip, but be prepared and organized when you go. Have your room dimensions and have dimensions of what furniture will fit where. It can be overwhelming but the staff there is helpful.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:59 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,256 times
I agree with JK it depends on how much you are looking to spend. Costco and Sams have some nice kitchen tables in a reasonable price range. Truth be told, Craiglist is my favorite place to shop for furniture!

Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
We always go to FLS, unless it's kid's room furniture.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:45 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,236,855 times
I live Heavner Furniture. I bought some nice leather sofas there.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:54 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd say if you're planning on spending over $5,000 worth of furniture, it's worth going to FurnitureLand South. Otherwise, try Costco. Cooper's in Cary doesn't get enough attentiin from CD'rs. And Heavener's is worth a visit.
Agreed on Cooper's.
And, you can get North Carolina furniture products there.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:08 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,674 times
My two cents...try Whitley's in Zebulon first as it's a closer drive. If you strike out there head to Furnitureland South. We bought our MBR set at FLS last year and absolutely love it and our entire experience with FLS. As a PP said, go prepared. If you have an idea of what you want and budget the staff does a great job narrowing down where to spend your time in the showrooms. Start in the back at the outlet as there were some great BR sets in there....just not one for us.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 26,482 times
We moved here recently and needed several items of furniture. We went to Heavner Furniture in Smithfield (they have a location in Raleigh too). Large showroom, great prices and quality furniture. Lots of known brands to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary