Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:22 PM

31 posts, read 116,321 times

Advertisements

I had a great experience with DirecTV, but was forced to switch back to TW because Roadrunner is the only high-speed internet available in my neighborhood - I couldn't take DSL anymore! Someone told me DirecTV will run their own cable line, so I could have both Direct TV and Roadrunner, but I guess I'll wait to see what my experience is first. The TW picture (and "guide"...and "search"...) are signficantly inferior, though... My sights are set on Google Fiber...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM

5,134 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Ha, yesterday, it was widely reported that the FCC is leaning toward approving the merger/buyout of DirecTV by AT&T.

As a long time customer of DirecTV, I can say they are probably still better than other multichannel providers, but they are worse than they used to be. I'm hoping Att doesn't push them over the edge.

Approved today. I guess I will be putting off moving from TWC until we see how this shakes out.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:27 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydeb View Post
I had a great experience with DirecTV, but was forced to switch back to TW because Roadrunner is the only high-speed internet available in my neighborhood - I couldn't take DSL anymore! Someone told me DirecTV will run their own cable line, so I could have both Direct TV and Roadrunner, but I guess I'll wait to see what my experience is first. The TW picture (and "guide"...and "search"...) are signficantly inferior, though... My sights are set on Google Fiber...
I use TWC for my internet and Direct TV for my TV watching..
I don't think TWC calls it Roadrunner anymore..
I have the $24 internet package that streams fine..

Old 07-24-2015, 06:39 PM

714 posts, read 721,165 times
Is Verizon FiOS available in the Triangle?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
Is Verizon FiOS available in the Triangle?

No and I can't understand why they would abandon a growing market.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:55 PM

169 posts, read 419,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydeb View Post
I got rid of cable and phone from TWC a long time ago, and just do DirecTV, vonage, and roadrunner. In a few days I will be getting Centurylink gigabit fiber though, so I don't have to ever give another penny to TWC. I mean, if you have fiber coming, I guess wait, but I would get off TWC as soon as you can. DirecTV is even better than when you left, it just keeps getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
No and I can't understand why they would abandon a growing market.
I thought Verizon FIOS was in some parts of Durham?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRob View Post
I got rid of cable and phone from TWC a long time ago, and just do DirecTV, vonage, and roadrunner. In a few days I will be getting Centurylink gigabit fiber though, so I don't have to ever give another penny to TWC. I mean, if you have fiber coming, I guess wait, but I would get off TWC as soon as you can. DirecTV is even better than when you left, it just keeps getting better.

I thought Verizon FIOS was in some parts of Durham?
I live in Durham and I can't get it.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Default both?

[quote=TexRob;40551242]I got rid of cable and phone from TWC a long time ago, and just do DirecTV, vonage, and roadrunner.

Hope someone can clarify... DirecTV had told me that I couldn't have both DirecTV and TW service to the house, because you can't have different providers on the same cable line. So...if I wanted DirecTV and TW internet, would I need them to run a second cable line?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
It can be done. Just need a seperate line in for each. Just order whichever one you don't have and don't mention anything to the CSR about the other. When they get there, they should run the extra line for you.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:53 PM

Great to know... I'm seriously missing DirectTV, so I'll give this a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary