U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM

3 posts, read 7,225 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some advice? My husband and I are moving to raleigh in approx. 3 wks. He just accepted a position at a company in Morrisville. We are from Michigan. We are looking to rent an apartment and would like to be close to everything.(stores, resturants, parks etc.) We are both in are mid 30's and have no kids or animals. What are some of the upcoming areas in raleigh. We appreciate the quality of life.
Thank you so much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM

10 posts, read 33,441 times
definitely brier creek is a huge development that is on the rise once again the brier creek mall is huge i mean they have pretty much all the stores and restaurants you can think of and some you've never heard of and there are some nice new homes being built right now but there already is a big housing development and apartments out there. there are some more places but brier creek i would have to say is the nicest. it is on the raleigh/durham border so easy access to either and its maybe 6-7 miles from RDU and really close to RTP if either of you are in that type of business industry

Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM

10 posts, read 33,441 times
sorry forgot to mention that brier creek is really close to morrisville which is right outside the airport

Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM

71 posts, read 170,746 times
Brier Creek is nice but is overrated IMO. Very cookie cutter type and over priced, esp the apartments. Its nice in terms of 'new' but I guess if you want surburbia it's great. I just don't care too much for it.

Brier Creek is similar to Wakefield, both have an suburbia town feel. A subdivision with subdivisions. Neither are self-encorporated cities so you'll still be in what's considered Raleigh. If you want to stay close to Morrisville, hmmmm, you have many options. Durham is down I-40 & with I-540, you can explore N Raleigh more with easier, faster, access. The Leesville Rd area is next to Brier Creek, and there are multiple subdivision developments in that area. All close to Brier Creek & Crabtree (shopping)

Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,274,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm04 View Post
Can anyone give me some advice? My husband and I are moving to raleigh in approx. 3 wks. He just accepted a position at a company in Morrisville. We are from Michigan. We are looking to rent an apartment and would like to be close to everything.(stores, resturants, parks etc.) We are both in are mid 30's and have no kids or animals. What are some of the upcoming areas in raleigh. We appreciate the quality of life.
Thank you so much.
Welcome to NC from another Michigan-born-married-with-no-kids-thirtysomething.

I would also recommend Brier Creek or Leesville road area. That is a great location which is within 20 minutes of anything of importance anywhere in the Triangle area.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:23 PM

3,021 posts, read 10,516,833 times
Mrm, you have oodles of choices. As others have mentioned, Brier Creek in Raleigh would work for you. So would the area around Southpoint in southern Durham. You might also like Cary. Honestly, there are so many places that meet your needs here, I think you'll be happy wherever you chose.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:42 PM

406 posts, read 749,470 times
My fiance and I are planning to move from Grosse Pointe Woods in a couple of months. We spent a few days in NC last month. Many Choices! I think we narrowed tit down to North Raleigh. Where in Michigan are you moving from?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:37 PM

9,680 posts, read 25,738,049 times
Brier Creek is a yuppie magnet and seems to have the image of being the "it" location in the metro area.

Many apts there are poor quality and grossly overpriced.

Don't just look there. Try other areas before you sign a lease.

I love my apt in North Raleigh right next to Triangle Town Center. Diverse community so yuppies might not like having to associate with Bubbas and minorities, but a great place to live at a fair price.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM

93 posts, read 276,202 times
Default Move to Raleigh

Morisville is growing very fast anmd they have 2 shopping centers within 3 miles. There are some excecutive appartments that they justb build but they are in Durham. I can tell you this is a quite area and everything that means anything is within 5 -7 miles and you might not have to pay Prices that brier creek offers.

Brier creek is a very nice area but it also expensive. the rental in this area starts at about $700 for one bedroom apartment. These are nice apartments but you can get same just couple of miles down the road that could be minutes away from Morrisville. I think you should find a realtor who can show you the places around and than make a decision to where you need to be. Youo can fiond some good places in miles of Morrisville without paying arm and a leg for it. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 AM

43 posts, read 210,697 times
For shopping, there is nothing special about Brier Creek. Pretty much what you would expect at any suburban shopping center.

I *have* found it a bit curious that while Brier Creek positions itself as upscale, there is nothing upscale about the stores there.

For dining, there are the usual chains and a few other more interesting places, but because Brier Creek is between Raleigh and Durham, it draws from both cities and gets very crowded on Friday and Saturday evenings. Be prepared to hunt for a parking spot and wait for a table.

Can't speak to the housing there as I own a house off Leesville Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary