Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where can you find a fish sandwich that rivals a Pittsburgh fish
Blinco's Resturant, Glenwood, Raleigh 0 0%
Bass Lake Ale House Holly Springs 1 8.33%
Skippers Fish Market Route 55 Apex 2 16.67%
North Carolina Seafood, Farmers Market Raleigh 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,435,715 times

Advertisements

Check out "The Border" restaurant in Wake Forest. The address is 712N Main Street, Wake Forest.. phone 556-2125. It is located at the end of the historic district.

The owners are from Pittsburgh and serve REAL Pittsburgh food for lunch.. it's awesome. Great place to connect with other Pittsburgher's (seems like there are a ton in Wake Forest alone).

They open around 5:00 am and are also known for their southern style country breakfast. They close early - 2:00pm on weekdays and even earlier on Saturdays, so call.

Yes, they have chipped ham (from Isalys), hoagies, fish samwiches, all that good stuff.

A lot of Pittsburgh/Steelers memorabilia too... not to be missed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Wow, I'm going to have to make this.. sounds so good...

Brings back memories of my first semester of college.. called the cafeteria to see what was for lunch.. they said BBQ. Having been born and raised in Western PA.. my mouth watered... wow... they're having BBQ Sandwiches.

Imagine my surprise when I walked through the serving line and found out the truth - it was NC BBQ. Chopped BBQ. I had no idea what it was. I soon found out - Real "pig" to be exact.. chopped thick with some kind of sause on it.... needless to say I didn't eat much that day..

Later on, of course, I was introduced to southern culture through Pig Pickens, hushpuppies, brunswick stew, and the fried chicken.

Through the years I've managed to find a store or two that will shave their ham so its nice and fluffy.. and I'll improvise with BBQ sause and make my own real BBQ sandwiches....... my family loves it.. and now I can try the real thing.. thanks !!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 AM

23 posts, read 39,061 times
Default Missing PGH?

Hmmmm.......

What do I miss about my five year stint in pgh?

When I lived in Shadyside:
Walking to work when the buses didn't show up. Walking to work when it snowed because it was faster than buses. Having cars attempt to flatten me when I tried to bike to work.

When I lived in Mt Lebanon:
Sitting inside the Fort Pitt tunnel inhaling all sort of petroleum fumes for long periods of time.
When there was a wreck at the Fort Pitt tunnel, sitting an even longer period of time in the Liberty Tube becoming dazed and confused from the extended inhalation of various gaseous mixtures.

IN general:
Wondering why everyone would slam on their breaks when the sign 'Squirrel Hill Tunnel - 2 miles' showed up.
Enjoying when the native PGHers would comment on a light gray day as being a really nice day there
Learning how to enjoy hiking, biking or whatever outdoor activity one was engaged in in the rain.
Trying, but never being able to pull off a reall PGH accent -
Having friends bring their friends to meet me so they could hear a real southern accent....

Well the list could go on and on....

As far as food goes - that Sunday buffet at Station Square was pretty good if I recall.

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 17,102 times
Hi, I miss Pittsburgh and my friends from the 327th MP Co. I've lived in Florida for 22 years. I miss the food, places and people of Pennsylvania. Not the weather.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM

3 posts, read 17,102 times
Default I miss Pittsburgh, too

I've lived in Florida for 22 years. I miss the good food and my friends from the 327th MP Co. Every time I go back home to Erie, I get all my favorite comfort foods that I love. But, life goes on, so I am told.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM

11 posts, read 31,016 times
MelodyB

Where was your MP Co, New Ken?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

53 posts, read 129,329 times
Thinkin of leavin the 'burgh. Do y'all need Doctors down there?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM

Come on down and join us !!!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM

PITTSBURGHESE .com

check this out !!!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:48 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbandofraleighwife View Post
Thinkin of leavin the 'burgh. Do y'all need Doctors down there?
I need an orthopedic surgeon to start his own practice and hire my wife as an Occupational Therapist

Preference would be in Cary/Apex/Morrisville side of town, but beggers can't be choosers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary