Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM

932 posts, read 1,265,546 times

Advertisements

SPORTS

ECU vs. SMU
Sunday, 7pm
Greenville, NC

MOVIE OPENINGS

RAMBO (R)

UNTRACEABLE (R)

MEET THE SPARTANS (PG-13)
Movie Listings :: WRAL.com

MUSEUMS

CHANGING PERCEPTIONS: MODERN EUROPEAN ART FROM THE COLLECTION OF MR. AND MRS. JULIAN H. ROBERTSON
N.C. Museum of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh
North Carolina Museum of Art - Outreach Exhibitions (http://ncartmuseum.org/exhibitions/current.shtml - broken link)

Through March 9, 2008
FREE ADMISSION!

Included in the exhibition are three striking portraits by Pablo Picasso, as well as a delightful portrait of a young woman in Spanish costume by Henri Matisse.

EVENTS

7TH AVENUE AFRICAN AMERICAN CULTURAL CELEBRATION
Saturday, 11am - 4pm

N.C. Museum of History
5 East Edenton St.
Raleigh
Seventh Annual African American Cultural Celebration

Through March 9, 2008

Celebrate North Carolina's African American heritage at this exciting day of music and dance, storytelling, activities, demonstration, and foods.

MONSTER JAM
Friday and Saturday, 7:30pm
RBC Center, Raleigh
RBC Center (http://www.rbccenter.com/events/upcomingevents.asp@event_id=273.html - broken link)

Watch monster trucks roar through the RBC Center smashing cars along the way. Robots, Draco the Dragonator, motocross, lasers, and of course Grave Digger will be performing.

Ticket Prices
Gold Seats - $22 (adult and kids)

Regular Seats - $18 Adults / $5 Kids

All seats are $2 more on the day of the show

Last edited by autumngal; 01-27-2008 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 AM

5,729 posts, read 17,537,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post

MEET THE SPARTANS (PG-13)
Cast: Diedrich Bader, Kevin Sorbo, Method Man, Ken Davitian, Jim Piddock, Carmen Electra

Thirteen strapping warriors must protect their homeland from invading Persians and bad punchlines.
Carmen Electra in a spartan warrior outfit!!! I'm there!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Carmen Electra in a spartan warrior outfit!!! I'm there!!!
yeah...I figured you'd be first in line!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,031,300 times
Thanks for the reminder, MommieWrites. Mr. Steel and I are going to do something this weekend - maybe see a play - but we're not sure yet. For instance, "All In The Timing" by David Ives is showing this weekend at Common Ground Theater (produced by Ghost & Spice). It's a fun collection of wacky short plays that has a lot of fun with language. I've performed in it twice & had great fun both times, but that was before I knew Mr. Steel so I think I may have to take him.
Ghost & Spice
But there's also "Sweeny Todd" at the Arts Center in Carrboro. And "Topdog/Underdog" or "Doubt, A Parable" at UNC. And "Europe Central" produced by Little Green Pig Theatrical Concern. And on and on and on ...
Independent Weekly
So many choices, so little time!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM

yes...lots of things to do.

Sadly, my children keep me shackled except for 30 second bathroom breaks. and then, only sometimes....lol

I think i remember what a play is like....

Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 PM

420 posts, read 1,393,171 times
I am not sure if there are tickets still available, but the Johnston Community College in Smithfield is having a production of Seussical the Musical on Sunday at 3pm. Tickets are only $10. We'll be there!

Johnston Community College - Seussical at Paul A. Johnston Auditorium (http://www.johnstoncc.edu/performingarts/seussical.htm - broken link)

Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,273,706 times
Grave Digger returns with Monster Jam to the RBC Center on January 25 & 26, 2008.
RBC Center (http://www.rbccenter.com/events/upcomingevents.asp@event_id=273.html - broken link)

Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 PM

An interesting side note to Monster Jam folks...GraveDigger is a NC truck! They live out in Nags Head (when not on the road!)

We are not really fans, but hubby told me that fact not long ago! I thought it was pretty neat!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,031,777 times
Well, as a native NC'er, I can say I am going to my first ever Monster truck thingy...can you tell how excited I am?

The things we do for our kids......

Old 01-25-2008, 12:39 PM

5,729 posts, read 17,537,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Well, as a native NC'er, I can say I am going to my first ever Monster truck thingy...can you tell how excited I am?

The things we do for our kids......
Bring your ear-plugs! I never realized how loud those trucks were until I went to a tractor-pull. A 1500-hp engine at full tilt in a closed building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary