Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:28 PM

43,036 posts, read 76,548,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
Yes, a resale and then used the extra money to update
I just don't see paying approx. 1.2 million on a new house very close to Davis Dr. off of Hogans Valley (major cut through street I take every day) and not have a view of the course for that kind of money. I like that they will be custom built but also scares me what the end result of the neighborhood will be. All the builders are great but won't they also build whatever the client wants?
The cost of the land pressures the house prices.
Minimum factor of 4 tlmes the lot costs is common.
$240000 x 4 means a million dollars.
And up.

There are so few opportunities in Cary east of Davis Drive for custom upscale new construction neighborhoods that the market will support the pricing, even though it seems unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM

580 posts, read 708,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The cost of the land pressures the house prices.
Minimum factor of 4 tlmes the lot costs is common.
$240000 x 4 means a million dollars.
And up.

There are so few opportunities in Cary east of Davis Drive for custom upscale new construction neighborhoods that the market will support the pricing, even though it seems unbelievable.
Totally agree.
That land is the last of open lots in Preston, isn't it?
There was that one home a few blocks away that was new but already built and the builder had to come down in price to sell it.
And I believe one lot on the course (up Hogans Valley) that sat empty but sold for a while and someone else just bought it. Think that's the one that the lot is kind of odd shaped.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM

43,036 posts, read 76,548,777 times
The one on Hogans Valley cost Gray Line $555,000.
Yikes.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
The one on Hogans Valley cost Gray Line $555,000.
Yikes.
I heard the lot was over $500!

Old 09-16-2015, 09:39 PM

9,125 posts, read 14,669,682 times
Quote:
I might have added the weasel symbols, "+/-," as it may be that I misheard, but I'm pretty sure it was $340,000.
Maybe it was "$240,000--$360,000?" Chump change, right?

BTW, the development is not actually IN Preston. It is done by Preston Development, named Preston Retreat, but not in Preston.
I was wondering if they would try to fold it in or not. They could still just give a discount on membership anyway. Easy enough to hide in a house that expensive and people would think they were getting a deal. Heck, social memberships arent even that much I don't think. They were including them at Chessington when they were trying to sell them for 550+ before the downturn.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:13 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,074,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I was wondering if they would try to fold it in or not. They could still just give a discount on membership anyway. Easy enough to hide in a house that expensive and people would think they were getting a deal. Heck, social memberships arent even that much I don't think. They were including them at Chessington when they were trying to sell them for 550+ before the downturn.
I will be very surprised if they do not offer memberships at the same pricing as for all the other residents in Preston.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I will be very surprised if they do not offer memberships at the same pricing as for all the other residents in Preston.
Unless I am mistaken, there isn't differnt pricing if you live in Preston or not. They do offer specials here are there on joining fee. Monthly fees are the same for everyone depending on level of membership- social, tennis and golf. Think there is also special pricing for "young professionals" but have to pay the difference when you age out.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
In a strange way, they are.

Where else can you get new construction with those schools on 1/3 acre or larger lots?

I think most of the lots are lousy, but there are some good ones.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
Unless I am mistaken, there isn't differnt pricing if you live in Preston or not. They do offer specials here are there on joining fee. Monthly fees are the same for everyone depending on level of membership- social, tennis and golf. Think there is also special pricing for "young professionals" but have to pay the difference when you age out.
That's my basic understanding of it, too. I am guessing they'd roll out the red carpet for people spending 1mil plus on new homes, though.

I would if I were in charge of their membership department.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 PM

9,125 posts, read 14,669,682 times
For sure as while I think Preston is doing OK, golf in general is declining so they will be happy to take almost any additional members they can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: