Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:56 AM

812 posts, read 832,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Going to revive this thread, as I think La Farm qualifies as something besides craft beer...

La Farm Bakery opening new production, retail space in downtown Cary | News & Observer
Big score for the DT core!

As far as the DT Cary grocery idea mentioned in this thread...funny thing....wife and I were just talking about the lack of grocers in the core (inside Maynard loop). This stemmed from another thread on here about the possible second Wegmans planned for Cary and then all the hub-bub about too many grocers in Cary. Really, most of these are outside the Maynard loop...with most outside even the Cary Parkway belt line. There was earlier talk in this thread about walking to the HT at N Harrison (Harrison Point shopping center) from DT Cary.... LoL.... I'm a distance runner and that is quite a hike...even without lugging the groceries back! Also, that HT is outside the Maynard loop; just outside...but still outside.

The "new" HT by the Mall was huge for DT and the east side..it's actually within Maynard loop! Before that there was just the little dumpy HT on mall property -limited selection and like a cave...really, I don't miss it; and again, it was outside Maynard loop. I think there are a couple of Foodlions inside the loop but, call me spoiled, sometimes I want a little more . If I want to save a ton of money I go to Aldi's...and I do often... hello 1.69 gallon milk and 0.69 eggs...all day every day. It will be interesting to see what happens with the density the Northwoods plan might bring to downtown.

Also, hope the east side gets a Wegmans....but that is a different thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 10:56 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,991,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Hope the bakers have parking spaces for the Customers.

Weeks ago, I tried a meet-up at the coffee place, and four of us drove elsewhere (4 cars).
Parking lot on the east side of the building holds about 15 cars or so, and there's a much larger gravel lot on the other side that can hold several dozen more...with paving and a proper layout, probably close to 50 cars would fit there. Have never had a problem parking there.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:57 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
Great news about La Farm - I always thought they belonged downtown. Imagine if you collected all the cool stuff spread around in various Cary strip malls and put them all in town - that would be something pretty cool!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Hope the bakers have parking spaces for the Customers.

Weeks ago, I tried a meet-up at the coffee place, and four of us drove elsewhere (4 cars).
Down town is a mess right now... no doubt about that. However, for future reference, there is a huge free public lot one block south of Chatam/main at the corner of Walker and Waldo. Could use better signage directions...I know. Literally, a 5 minute walk around two corners to Brew; wife and I do it with our two little ones all the time.

As far as the coffee, my new area fave for their mocha latte; better than Cocoa Cinnamon (Durham) or Jubala (N Raleigh). They make it not too sweet and with good rich, but not burned, coffee flavor. Of course...tons better than Starsucks -which must put 1/2 gallon of sweetened flavor syrup in each drink.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Great news about La Farm - I always thought they belonged downtown. Imagine if you collected all the cool stuff spread around in various Cary strip malls and put them all in town - that would be something pretty cool!
Q John Lennon; guess that is why this DT revitalization is part of the "Imagine Cary" initiative.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Down town is a mess right now... no doubt about that. However, for future reference, there is a huge free public lot one block south of Chatam/main at the corner of Walker and Waldo. Could use better signage directions...I know. Literally, a 5 minute walk around two corners to Brew; wife and I do it with our two little ones all the time.

As far as the coffee, my new area fave for their mocha latte; better than Cocoa Cinnamon (Durham) or Jubala (N Raleigh). They make it not too sweet and with good rich, but not burned, coffee flavor. Of course...tons better than Starsucks -which must put 1/2 gallon of sweetened flavor syrup in each drink.
you can also park at the church right behind it. we're down there all the time, i always find parking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary