Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:08 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,657 times

Advertisements

Any news?

So far, it could be a gold mine for a 2 AM DUI checkpoint, eh?

ref: Downtown Calendar - HeartOfCary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 04:54 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,701 times
Lazy Daze is next Saturday (8/22).

Old 08-17-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Lazy Daze is next Saturday (8/22).
New this year, in addition to the Festival location, a second beer and wine vending location will be set up at the food truck/trailer concession area at N. Academy Street and Chapel Hill Road.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Any news?

So far, it could be a gold mine for a 2 AM DUI checkpoint, eh?

ref: Downtown Calendar - HeartOfCary
Not sure I understand your post. The calendar you linked to has various events including a weekly farmers market and weekly flea market as well as a monthly Art Loop event.

The Cary Theater opened up recently and downtown Cary is showing more signs of life than it has in the past decade. What is it you want to see downtown that isn't there?

Old 08-17-2015, 11:45 AM

1 normal grocery store

Old 08-17-2015, 12:09 PM

43,283 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
1 normal grocery store
There are not enough people residing downtown to support one. And, downtown Cary has stores all around it close enough that some people will walk. Food Lion @ Kildaire, HT and Walmart on N Harrison.

Cary needs a condo complex in the heart of downtown to increase the DT population and energy.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:47 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
There are not enough people residing downtown to support one. And, downtown Cary has stores all around it close enough that some people will walk. Food Lion @ Kildaire, HT and Walmart on N Harrison.

Cary needs a condo complex in the heart of downtown to increase the DT population and energy.

Agree with first part.

There is a quasi-complex off of Dixon where it turns into Madison. Not sure if that qualifies for "heart of", but it's close.

I go by there fairly often, and always think the proximity is nice, but strikes me as an odd location for that complex.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

I've thought that for a while as well. Let's pool our money and develop a 3 story building with retail on the first floor.

Still never will support a true grocery though. Honestly, they should try to make sure the sidewalks are in good shape to the HT at Harrison and make that walk as easy as possible.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Agree with first part.

There is a quasi-complex off of Dixon where it turns into Madison. Not sure if that qualifies for "heart of", but it's close.

I go by there fairly often, and always think the proximity is nice, but strikes me as an odd location for that complex.
Those homes sell fairly quickly, and for a decent price. It isn't the most glamorous location, but it offers very easy access to DT.
The Beazer townhomes between Old Apex and East Chatham also sell fast.
The Queen Elizabeth condos on Harrison Avenue go fast.

I think demand would be easy to develop for a larger scale complex.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I've thought that for a while as well. Let's pool our money and develop a 3 story building with retail on the first floor.

Still never will support a true grocery though. Honestly, they should try to make sure the sidewalks are in good shape to the HT at Harrison and make that walk as easy as possible.
Pony up..... Imma thinking 5 stories, and 300 units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary