Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 29,501 times

Advertisements

Me and my fiancé are moving from Baltimore area to the triangle area and were just introduced to this website by a coworker of mine. We namely are moving to "start over" and we are also tired of the snow/bitter cold winters here. (I know you all get snow/cold but it can't be as bad or as long and gloomy as ours). We both have a good job history and I have over 5 yrs in my current position and I'm confident we will find something very quickly once we've moved. I have applied all over but I'm worried my address in MD is making employers nervous, so we are going to move first and continue applying now and after we move. Has annyone been able to rent a place without proving income? Our only issue is we have had some credit trouble and are worried about trying to find an apartment that checks credit. We have plenty of savings and have always paid rent on time for past 2 yrs residing where we currently do, so money is not an issue but convincing a new landlord that we are good tenants I'm hoping also will not be an issue. So having said all this, anyone know of complex/landlord/realtor who would work with our situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 11:12 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,312,371 times
NC experienced single digit temperatures last year, so you won't escape the cold in NC.

You shouldn't have trouble finding a realtor in the RTP area, it's practically crawling with them since everyone from everywhere was convinced NC was the place to be.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Realtors here don't really handle rentals. The ones that do aren't likely to have tons of suggestions if you're unemployed with credit issues.

I'd try Craigslist. Just be mindful of scammers.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:27 AM

23 posts, read 26,537 times
From your post, it sounds like you have put in resumes but have not gotten much of a response. I also did not see much listed in the way of assets. IMO, unless you have many months of expenses saved up it is very foolish to move without a job lined up. It seems like you are likely to rack up more "credit troubles" doing this. Most landlords would be unwilling to rent to someone in your situation as well.

From what I can tell the job market out there can be tough to break into. Have you considered that the lack of interest you've received isn't because of your out of state address after all? What if the job market is just really tight and once you get down there you won't have better luck?

MD isn't *that* far from NC. Can you set up some scouting trips and head down there with resumes in hand to feel the city out? Also, have you tried working with a recruiter to help you find a job? There is no way I would make an out of state move without a steady income lined up and a solid chunk of change in my bank just in case.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:48 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,973 times
This is at least the third time I have seen this exact post today. Why are you spamming all the topics?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:54 AM

66 posts, read 88,076 times
I put this in one thread and the lady told me it was really helpful and she told me to put this in other threads.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 AM

One, all the information you keep posting is pinned to the top of the forum.

Two, the OP is asking for help with apartments, rentals, and realtors. Your post is irrelevant here in that it doesn't answer any of their questions.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:02 AM

OP, I lived right outside Baltimore for four years. You won't regularly find a Baltimore winter here in Raleigh, I can assure you of that. These past couple of winters have been anomalies. I mean, we had record-setting snow in Georgia!

About rentals, agencies and properties differ in how much they'll work with you if you don't have a job. Some won't let you in the door, others will require a larger security deposit for approval.

Call around and do your legwork. And keep hope alive for job offers.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,386,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRayIV View Post
I put this in one thread and the lady told me it was really helpful and she told me to put this in other threads.
No, she didn't. She said:

"Wow. Thank you! I saw your response after I uploaded by second post. Thank you for taking the time writing all the informative details. I'm sure I won't be the only one who will benefit from your post. Future visitors of this forum with similar questions will appreciate it too. Thank you!"

So please stop. Its not helpful.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:28 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
No, she didn't. She said:

"Wow. Thank you! I saw your response after I uploaded by second post. Thank you for taking the time writing all the informative details. I'm sure I won't be the only one who will benefit from your post. Future visitors of this forum with similar questions will appreciate it too. Thank you!"

So please stop. Its not helpful.
Maybe something got lost in translation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary