Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
I second that.
I make "excellent* guacamole. heh-heh-heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:00 PM

324 posts, read 1,285,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
It sounds like you guys will have fun. Again, what is the elementary school for that neighborhood? I'm just curious. It's good to see that you've found good use for the two living rooms, I also thought play room. I really really loved the loft. I'm sure you all will be happy in your new houses. Congrats to you!
I think its Oakgrove Elementary? But Brightleaf just donated a bunch of land to Durham to build an elementary school and there are a couple more going in in this area. So if that is the elementary then it probably won't be for long.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:21 PM

140 posts, read 621,443 times
Oakgrove sounds right, we don't have kids so I'm not sure. I have heard that the elementary and middle schools are good-Ok, it's the highschools that really fail the test.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:40 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,762 times
Just a reminder that we have a Chat thread dedicated to off topic chit chat please. It makes it difficult for people that are coming here seeking info to sift thru pages of off topic chatter. So please take the beer and guacamole to the Chat Thread.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Okay, no recipes, or beverages, or other banter. Check.

Does anyone have any pictures of Ravenstone they'd like to share? The KB site has some pictures but I don't think they are all just from the Tyler model, as there are other models featured.

Thanks in advance!
~Angie

Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,057,418 times
Earlier today I think someone in here posted a link to one of the floorplans available in this community, but the link was deleted by the moderator. Anyway, the model shown in that link said that the house cost about $189K (The website says that homes her start at $165K). IDoes this include the price of the lot or is hat extra? How much are homes in this neighborhood going for when all is said and done?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Earlier today I think someone in here posted a link to one of the floorplans available in this community, but the link was deleted by the moderator. Anyway, the model shown in that link said that the house cost about $189K (The website says that homes her start at $165K). IDoes this include the price of the lot or is hat extra? How much are homes in this neighborhood going for when all is said and done?
Our purchase price for 2215sqft Woodland floor plan was $179,990 and are putting in 20k in extras (wanted to keep it under 200k so we could use NACA for our mortgage). To see the floor plans just go to kb home's home page, then click on North Carolina, then Raleigh/Durham, then click on the Ravenstone community (near sharron rd/ hwy 98 intersection). They do not include very much in the basic model, they usually say factor in 15% in upgrades. If you have to stick lower....well I feel I'm getting all the main upgrades I want and still getting quite a lot for the money.

My 20k in options include stainless steel energy star appliances (range with convection oven, microwave, & dishwasher), 9 ft ceilings (which include additional horizontal windows above sliding door and front door), smooth ceilings, island, 42" really nice cabinets, trash bin cabinet, pull-out shelves in kitchen, vent to outside for range, upgraded vinyl in kitchen bathrooms & laundry room, light upgrades throughout the house and exterior, garage door, surround sound prewire, vanity raised to 36 inches in master, acrylic block window in master bath, additional outlets, radiant barrier in roof, vertical blinds, 5 1/4" baseboards, 3ft stacked stone strip across bottom of exterior, 10x10 patio slab, tray ceiling in master, garage door insulated, garage door opener, 4 foot light fixture in garage, garage windows across top, ceiling fan prewires, additional outlets, plus other small stuff. This all is under budget, we haven't made our final cut yet. However we are doing flooring ourselves after we close, this is probably a necessary upgrade as their standard carpet is low-grade.

I'm keeping a photo album of my progress through the building process. I think I'm allowed to post this link:
Building Our House
We drove by tonight and almost all of the dirt pile is gone, it will be around 3 weeks before they start the foundation but I will post pictures in this album as things happen.

Here is a video I took as we drove into the entrance of Ravenstone. Its sort of an optical illusion, we really aren't driving that fast (this video is 5.7MB):
http://www.flowerspride.com/movies/r...e_entrance.MPG
As you drive into the subdivision the two models are immediately on the left. On the right corner on either side of the road we turn onto (that first right we take inside the subdivision) in the video are Woodlands. I'm afraid I'm not sure which houses are Tyler's that I drive past.

I don't have any actual photos but feel the photos on the KB site are pretty accurate, but yes they are a bit larger.

Last edited by solarity; 01-28-2008 at 08:51 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,693,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
Oakgrove sounds right, we don't have kids so I'm not sure. I have heard that the elementary and middle schools are good-Ok, it's the highschools that really fail the test.
Oak Grove, Neal, and Southern. Ther is a new elementary being built in Brightleaf, and if Dr. Harris can get the owner to part with about 25 more acres, they would like to bulid another middle school there as well.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Thumbs up Great Video

Thank you Solarity for that very insightful video (no pun intended). The neighborhood is so much nicer than I'd hoped. WOW. You should post that video in the Pictures of Raleigh sticky thread!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Thank you Solarity for that very insightful video (no pun intended). The neighborhood is so much nicer than I'd hoped. WOW. You should post that video in the Pictures of Raleigh sticky thread!
Thanks, glad you liked it! If that was helpful maybe I will try and get some more videos in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary