Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 10:51 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
To be clear, Harris Teeter bought that land almost two years ago and has declined to offer any timetable for construction.
I wonder what may cause Harris Teeter to proceed with the new store in time. Either a number of households with disposable incomes are reached, T.W. Alexander Drive, ACC Boulevard and other roads are completed, and/or a competitor moves quickly with a new store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 10:56 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin257 View Post
Ah - got it. Well hopefully they build soon! And a publix nearby would be great if that rumor turned out to be true! One can hope. Now we just need a trader joes to move in...
I have not heard lately any speculation of Publix seeking a location in the Brier Creek trade area for a future store. Publix has been active with new store sites in southwestern Wake County. It should add more stores across the county in time.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 AM

307 posts, read 377,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd more easily imagine a Whole Foods coming here before a Trader Joe's. And that would certainly tank the Earthfare (where I only go to get olives anyway).

The additional factor with TJ's is that NC is really not a 'great' state for them to build a store because they can't sell liquor, only wine and beer. That directly affects their bottom line since there's a big markup on that stuff. But if they were to build another, I'd bet it would be in one of the outlying, high growth areas like FQ, HS or Garner. Those of us in Brier Creek can get to a TJ's too easily for them the justify building another.
I had no idea TJ's sold liquor in their stores in other states. Do they have store brand stuff? If so, any good?

Old 10-20-2015, 11:07 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosjester87 View Post
I had no idea TJ's sold liquor in their stores in other states. Do they have store brand stuff? If so, any good?
Yes, to both questions. The boozer isn't great, but it's certainly okay - like most of their self branded wines. Less so for brandy, sherry, liqueurs, etc. But they get some regular national/international brand stuff at good prices. In AZ, the only place that consistently beat TJ prices was Costco. (who also can't sell alcohol in NC, which is one of the very few things about living here that annoys the crap out of me!)

Old 10-20-2015, 01:58 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,591 times
1) Harris Teeter/Kroger needs to hurry and build up in Brier Creek. I'm tired of going to that Walmart or BJs.
2) I noticed BJs is also a ghost town, why is that?
3) I've never been to an Aldi, why is that not a good fit for the Brier Creek area?
4) Which Traders Joes is most convenient from Brier Creek? I don't find any that close nor convenient. Wake Forest Rd one is too far (Glenwood then 440?). Cary Parkway one is all the way south of Cary Crossroads.
5) Agreed Earth Fare needs to be replaced!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:07 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
1) Harris Teeter/Kroger needs to hurry and build up in Brier Creek. I'm tired of going to that Walmart or BJs.
3) I've never been to an Aldi, why is that not a good fit for the Brier Creek area?
4) Which Traders Joes is most convenient from Brier Creek? I don't find any that close nor convenient. Wake Forest Rd one is too far (Glenwood then 440?). Cary Parkway one is all the way south of Cary Crossroads.
1) Why don't you shop at Lowes Foods?
3) I think there is a perception that Aldi is low quality. I just don't think that many people would shop there.
4) When I go to Trader Joes on Wake Forest, I do 540 then Six Forks to Strickland, down on Falls of Neuse. I don't really like going there because of traffic. I prefer the one in Chapel Hill but it's probably farther.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,591 times
1) Lowes never seems inviting, not sure if the layout or what. Also, prices seem consistently higher and not much fresher. I'd actually go to Food Lion more than Lowes.
3) Shows how little I know about Aldi. I thought Aldi was higher end organic, like Whole Foods but with better prices.
4) Yeah that's still a far route for me, too many stoplights!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:28 PM

544 posts, read 852,491 times
Whatever goes in there, it won't be a true Raleigh intersection until there is a drug store on each of the four corners.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:44 PM

75 posts, read 99,310 times
Would be pleased to see a Teeter show up here. Wonder how long it takes to build one? :-)

Old 10-20-2015, 04:28 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
I agree. But have you popped in the Food Lion since they renovated? Serious upgrade. GREAT pork.
Because it's not Costco. You want to buy bulk, you drive fifteen-twenty minutes to Costco.
I personally am not an Aldi fan. Just always taste like a cheaper version of something that I like from somewhere else.
The Cary one is actually easier to get to, but I usually go to the one on Wake Forest Road. Why? Because I combine it with a trip to Costco and Kroger, and get everything done at all three of my favorites in one fell swoop.
Okay, but no Whole Paycheck, please.
see my answers in red. Just MHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary