Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 05:49 AM

774 posts, read 1,857,502 times

Advertisements

The Triangle is definitely booming.
I LIKE the changes in Durham that all the new people are bringing.
People who have the courage to move see what worked in their areas and what didn't and seem to be coming together with locals and creating some exciting new changes in the area.

BUT ... is it me... or does it feel like an awfully lot of people are SUPER concerned about things just just do NOT matter??

There's still a prevailing sub-content beneath the surface around picking on each other around very stupid stuff. I hear the remarks and wonder why so many ADULTS still sound like they're in High School.

What gives?
Are we living in a time where DRAMA takes precedence over actually confronting the personal issues in life that makes for higher qualities of life?

For instance... the "boys Vs. girls" dynamics .... At what age do people realize it isn't making them happier to be a war against the opposite sex??

And then there's Chapel Hill... an area filled with super intelligent people-- and assumptions.

What's beneath the surface of pettiness, distorted gossip, and irritation when there's so much dynamic possibilities right in front of our faces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Did you have a Triangle-specific point to make?

Old 10-23-2015, 09:46 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Did you have a Triangle-specific point to make?
Or ANY point, for that matter?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Or ANY point, for that matter?
I am wondering if this might make a better blog post.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:57 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
I'd like more specifics because I don't understand where this is going. Starts out positive then jumps into the negative.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:49 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post

BUT ... is it me... or does it feel like an awfully lot of people are SUPER concerned about things just just do NOT matter??
You mean like a high school pep rally at 6:30 a.m. Well YES then.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:44 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Beige threads like this'n make me want to drive up and down the beige Cary Parkway and flick beige boogers at beige minivans.

Hmmm... maybe this is just a Random Thought?

Old 10-23-2015, 12:50 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
The Triangle is definitely booming.
I LIKE the changes in Durham that all the new people are bringing.
People who have the courage to move see what worked in their areas and what didn't and seem to be coming together with locals and creating some exciting new changes in the area.

There's still a prevailing sub-content beneath the surface around picking on each other around very stupid stuff. I hear the remarks and wonder why so many ADULTS still sound like they're in High School.

What gives?
Are we living in a time where DRAMA takes precedence over actually confronting the personal issues in life that makes for higher qualities of life?

For instance... the "boys Vs. girls" dynamics .... At what age do people realize it isn't making them happier to be a war against the opposite sex??

And then there's Chapel Hill... an area filled with super intelligent people-- and assumptions.

What's beneath the surface of pettiness, distorted gossip, and irritation when there's so much dynamic possibilities right in front of our faces?

Someone needs a Moon Pie and an RC, I do believe.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:58 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I am wondering if this might make a better blog post.
This is exactly what I thought when I read it.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
You mean like a high school pep rally at 6:30 a.m. Well YES then.
BWAHHH ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary