Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2006, 03:08 AM

5 posts, read 17,778 times

Advertisements

Hello,everyone.I am from China.One of my freinds is gong to America.He found a job in Carolina Turkey Factory in Mt. Olive. And both of us don't know much about the factory and Raleigh. If my freind had got there, he wants to know much about factory and renting , for example, infomation on renting, how much the rent is, the details about the house or flat. Generally speaking, the more the better. If you could tell us some web sites, I would appreciate. THANK YOU ~
Looking forward to your early reply~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 AM

9 posts, read 33,744 times
Well, first you need to understand that there are six communities in North Carolina named Mount Olive, and only one of them is within 100 miles of Raleigh. And that is still approximately 70 miles away, or over an hour drive. So, you wouldn't be living in Raleigh.

You will, however, find a lot of Chinese students at Universities in the Raleigh area.

All the Mount Olive communities are in extremely rural areas with no metropolitian areas nearby. However, there are a few larger towns.

Housing costs (and it will most likely be some type of house) will be cheap, but there is no such thing as public transportation.

I suggest you figure out which Mount Olive it is, and research that area.

Good luck.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:00 AM

Wink thank you ~!

you are very kind~thank you ~!
my freind told me last night that the factory is Carolina Turkey locates wuthin Mt.Olive. Could you tell me somthing about that? house renting, transportation, universities etc. If you could tell me some websites, it will be much better.
thank you again~!!

Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,292 times
Here is a link on Carolina Turkey.

http://www.carolinaturkey.com/

And here I was trying to figure out if you were from Turkey or wanted information on Turkey, NC. LOL

Mt. Olive has a college there. I am not too familiar with it though. It is not a large town and I believe I am correct in saying they have a pickle plant there as well.

Start with that and I will talk to my DIL. My son and she have a Mt. Olive address although they live closer to Grantham, NC.

Here is the link to the Mt. Olive Chamber of Commerce.

http://www.moachamber.com/Chamber.html (broken link)

Old 04-21-2006, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 14,032 times
Carolina Turkeys is located outside of Mount Olive, in Wayne County. Goldsboro is the larger city in the area. Mount Olive Pickles is located in Mount Olive and is probably the major employer there. Mount Olive College is a private college. I believe it is connected to the Baptist church.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:52 AM

Default thank you~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyNC
Carolina Turkeys is located outside of Mount Olive, in Wayne County. Goldsboro is the larger city in the area. Mount Olive Pickles is located in Mount Olive and is probably the major employer there. Mount Olive College is a private college. I believe it is connected to the Baptist church.
yes, you are right. According to your useful information, I have found Mt.Olive. Is iMt.Olive a town or a city? and I found some infomation about education there.But what I found is not enough I think.
could you share me with a map that I could see the cities near Mt.Olive and the highways, roads, housing renting or transportation and so on? and my e-mail is lanzhangwen1980@hotmail.com, if you want to contact me. I appreciate you could do me the favor.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:58 AM

Default you are so kind~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder
Here is a link on Carolina Turkey.

http://www.carolinaturkey.com/

And here I was trying to figure out if you were from Turkey or wanted information on Turkey, NC. LOL

Mt. Olive has a college there. I am not too familiar with it though. It is not a large town and I believe I am correct in saying they have a pickle plant there as well.

Start with that and I will talk to my DIL. My son and she have a Mt. Olive address although they live closer to Grantham, NC.

Here is the link to the Mt. Olive Chamber of Commerce.

thank you for the websites you provided~

Old 04-22-2006, 09:24 PM

Talking Move to Mt.Olive~but know nothing about it

Hi again~
I submitted a thread two days ago. thank you for your useful information.I have got to know the address of the turkeys factory.it is Carolina Turkey - P.O. Box 589 - Mt. Olive, NC 28365.

We are from China.One of my freinds is gonging to work in Carolina Turkeys. But both of us don't know anything about Mt.Olive where the factory locates.
Is Mt.Olive a town or a small city? What's about the transportation,schools, colleges and universities? How is the average house renting? and if my freind worked there and wanted to go to work conveniently, where should he choose to live? the more details about Mt.Olive, the better. and I want to study the map of Mt.Olive, could anyone share me with it? thank you very much.

Last edited by tim_ocas; 04-22-2006 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 04-24-2006, 03:10 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ocas
Hi again~
I submitted a thread two days ago. thank you for your useful information.I have got to know the address of the turkeys factory.it is Carolina Turkey - P.O. Box 589 - Mt. Olive, NC 28365.

We are from China.One of my freinds is gonging to work in Carolina Turkeys. But both of us don't know anything about Mt.Olive where the factory locates.
Is Mt.Olive a town or a small city? What's about the transportation,schools, colleges and universities? How is the average house renting? and if my freind worked there and wanted to go to work conveniently, where should he choose to live? the more details about Mt.Olive, the better. and I want to study the map of Mt.Olive, could anyone share me with it? thank you very much.

I don't know much about Mt. Olive. My husband and I went through there several years ago. It's a very small town. From what we saw, there didn't seem to be much there. (We did see the Mt. Olive Pickle company.) At least not compared to the bigger cities in NC.

http://www.mountolivecollege.edu/request.cfm?Section=root&PageName=MOC%20Homepage (broken link)

//www.city-data.com/city/Mount-...-Carolina.html

Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 PM

91 posts, read 115,777 times
I guess he must have been laid-off by now. So say goodbye to him from all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ocas View Post
Hello,everyone.I am from China.One of my freinds is gong to America.He found a job in Carolina Turkey Factory in Mt. Olive. And both of us don't know much about the factory and Raleigh. If my freind had got there, he wants to know much about factory and renting , for example, infomation on renting, how much the rent is, the details about the house or flat. Generally speaking, the more the better. If you could tell us some web sites, I would appreciate. THANK YOU ~
Looking forward to your early reply~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary