Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:13 AM

242 posts, read 795,767 times

Advertisements

I live in the 27615 area. We get mail anywhere from around noon to around 8, depending on who the carrier is for that particular day and which route he or she decides to take. I'll see the mail carrier delivering mail on the other side of the street, sometimes as much as 3 hours before I get it delivered on my side. As much as I hate getting mail late at night, I think I would settle for a more consistent time. Whenever that might be. It would save me multiple trips to the mail box to check. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that i's only going to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 AM

286 posts, read 749,461 times
In 27615 also. Late mail arrivals do not bother me since I do not check the mail until late anyway. The missed delivery days is what concerns me, especially when I am waiting to receive a big refund check..... We had 2 missed days last week and 1 missed day the week before.......

Old 11-16-2015, 07:54 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Yup. Cheap charlie shippers let USPS deliver since USPS visits all customers every day.

Fedex calls this smartpost.
My heart sinks a bit when I see something I've ordered (usually from Amazon Prime) is marked as being delivered by Smartpost. In theory the whole "private carrier to USPS for local delivery" seems like a good idea but it always ends up that once the package has been handed over to USPS it takes an extra week to arrive.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:16 AM

703 posts, read 779,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
My heart sinks a bit when I see something I've ordered (usually from Amazon Prime) is marked as being delivered by Smartpost. In theory the whole "private carrier to USPS for local delivery" seems like a good idea but it always ends up that once the package has been handed over to USPS it takes an extra week to arrive.
Exactly. It's almost comical to track your package's progress and know that it made its way 3000 miles in 1 or 2 days, and then takes another 4 or 5 days to go the last 15 miles - once it gets into the hands of USPS. I say almost comical - if it weren't so painful and inconvenient.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:05 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
I cringe when I see something has been shipped to me via DHL. It ships to Raleigh, then is handed over to the USPS and usually takes 5-14 more days to arrive at that point, if ever. Amazon has recently had to refund us for two purchases that the USPS lost after supposedly taking delivery from DHL.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:51 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
I cringe when I see something has been shipped to me via DHL. It ships to Raleigh, then is handed over to the USPS and usually takes 5-14 more days to arrive at that point, if ever. Amazon has recently had to refund us for two purchases that the USPS lost after supposedly taking delivery from DHL.
Ooooh, DHL. I haven't had something delivered by them in a long time, probably at least 5 years. I remember a few years before that when they came on the scene here and I first noticed them making some headway in the market. Everyone I knew that shipped things or had deliveries on a regular basis tried them out due to slightly lower pricing or faster shipping time promises, but quickly switched back to USPS, UPS or FedEx because DHL just kept screwing things up. I actually thought they were defunct until I saw people on the Amazon forums still complaining about them...

Old 11-17-2015, 11:27 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
Ooooh, DHL. I haven't had something delivered by them in a long time, probably at least 5 years. I remember a few years before that when they came on the scene here and I first noticed them making some headway in the market. Everyone I knew that shipped things or had deliveries on a regular basis tried them out due to slightly lower pricing or faster shipping time promises, but quickly switched back to USPS, UPS or FedEx because DHL just kept screwing things up. I actually thought they were defunct until I saw people on the Amazon forums still complaining about them...
DHL is now international only.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:14 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Another example of what we've been dealing with lately. Expecting a delivery. Tracking info from USPS says it was delivered today at 10:54am. Nope. No sign of it. This is the 3rd package that has disappeared on us recently. I was home, there was no delivery, no one snatched it off my porch, it was not in the box with my regular mail which doesn't run until after 3pm, etc. I wonder how long sites like Amazon and others will keep issuing refunds before they go back to using FedEx and UPS? Either out carriers are stealing them, or they are stockpiling them somewhere because they don't want to deliver them like happened in Raleigh several years back, when they found storage units full of undelivered mail!

Old 11-20-2015, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 875 times
I am in 27615 and gradually over the last few months until now the mail service has gotten ridiculous. This past two weeks is just something that cannot continue! There have been several days of no mail. Missing important mail. Other peoples mail. I am glad to hear that it is not just me, however who am I supposed to call? I am spending half my day tracking down lost mail. Seriously who can I call?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:03 PM

242 posts, read 795,767 times
I guess we call the post master at the North Ridge Post office. Frankly, not sure if she (I think it's a she) will be able or willing to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary