Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:06 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,437,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Yep Reynolds Mill has finally started to see activity now that the builder has adjusted the prices of the homes. Given all the restaurants in the area like Red Robin, Applebee’s, Chili’s, and the grocery stores which include Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Super Wal-mart and Super Target you’ll rarely, if ever, have to venture far from Wake Forest to get anything you need. Heck, even the movie theater in the Wakefield shopping center is just a stones throw away. I suggest next time you come down to visit your husband you guys go over to the Factory. It sports two indoor ice skating rinks, indoor soccer field and a brand new YMCA that’s perfect for fitness aficionados. Who knows, you might even see me in the area.
I would think that section of Main Street would be a KNIGHTMARE during traffic time... just don't try to turn left... in the morning there are a ton of busses in that area on their way to WFRMS, Heritage Middle and Elementary, etc. I didn't realize there had been a "price adjustment" - the word with the locals was more an issue with location vs. anything else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM

All built by track builders.. nice homes in Bowling Green & Margot's Pond but small lots.

First choice is tied between Bowling Green and Margot's Pond. I believe Margot's Pond is built out, but they are still building in Bowling Green.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Grizzmeister,
That's all the reasons why I like Wake Forest!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:48 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Default Man of the people

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Grizzmeister,
That's all the reasons why I like Wake Forest!
You mean because you might see me?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,245,233 times
Default How long of a commute from Wake Forest?

If my husband works in the Duke area?
RTP area?
If he works in Apex area?
Thanks.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
If my husband works in the Duke area?
RTP area?
If he works in Apex area?
Thanks.

If I worked at Duke & lived in Wake Forest, I would want to be as close as possible to Hwy 98. Highway 98 (also known as Wake Forest highway once you cross into Durham County) is a direct and straight shot to Durham and Duke.

There are many areas off Hwy. 98 with a Wake Forest address but outside of the town limits. Your taxes are half, but you give up WF police protection (it would be Wake County Sherriff a knocking at your door).

Wakefield would be good too, a short hop skip & a jump to 98 via Falls of Neuse.

Another good area would be.. say Six Forks Road area and Hwy 98, or Creedmoor Road area and Hwy 98. These would be Raleigh addresses... outside of the city limits too.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:57 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,245,233 times
Quote:
There are many areas off Hwy. 98 with a Wake Forest address but outside of the town limits. Your taxes are half, but you give up WF police protection (it would be Wake County Sherriff a knocking at your door).
What do you mean your taxes are half?
How high are Wake Forest taxes?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:24 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Yep Reynolds Mill has finally started to see activity now that the builder has adjusted the prices of the homes. Given all the restaurants in the area like Red Robin, Applebee’s, Chili’s, and the grocery stores which include Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Super Wal-mart and Super Target you’ll rarely, if ever, have to venture far from Wake Forest to get anything you need. Heck, even the movie theater in the Wakefield shopping center is just a stones throw away. I suggest next time you come down to visit your husband you guys go over to the Factory. It sports two indoor ice skating rinks, indoor soccer field and a brand new YMCA that’s perfect for fitness aficionados. Who knows, you might even see me in the area.
Hey, I'll look for you Grizzmeister!! haha. My husband told us all about the Factory. We can't wait to go! We're actually moving into Heritage Village in early March for a few months until our house is ready. Hate to have to move twice but what can you do.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Like Suffolk County?
Yes, Suffolk. I'm from Huntington. Huntington is mroe like Cary in terms of density. WF is more like Huntington 15-20 years ago, or like Port Jeff & those eastern areas are now.
The topography is different. There are lots of creeks (somewhat dry but creeks nontheless) and way more wildlike around. There are more pines than leafy trees. The soil is red clay. I think those things were mroe of an adjustment tfor me than anything else!
I had lived 5 minutes from a mall, & "everything" in Huntington but the traffic drove me nuts. I wanted to turn back the clock, but, that was impossible. When I saw WF, I knew it was the right town for us. There is a new town board and they are trying to slow the growth to keep it nice here. The PP mentioned the Wake Weekly. I recommend it too. You get fair minded insider info you will not get anywhere else. You will get a balanced report on all the growth here. Plus you can search the archives for info abou different things.
Good luck in your search.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

45 posts, read 103,160 times
Hi All
This is a great thread! We are hoping to move down within the next year from NJ. My husband will prob be working in Durham. We have two small children (4 and 2) and are from the suburbs right outside of NYC. So I guess my questions are:
-will it be too much of a culture shock?
-are there restaurants other than chains
-how do you rate the schools?
-Stonegate vs Heritage
Thanks for ANY comments!!!!
-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary