Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Up to $550,000, I would be looking very hard at Lochmere.
Get the lot size, and some mature trees.
Agree with Lochmere for that budget, location, and lot size.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvb4 View Post
Any suggestions on which subdivision (new or resale) to look for houses under $550k? I'd like to have a lot of at least .25 acre if possible. Any comments on Kildaire Crossing subdivision? Thanks
I do not find Kildaire Crossing to represent good value. If you are dead set on new construction it is one of only a few options, and the location is good, but if I had a budget of $550K in the current market I would seek out a resale. I guess it is nice enough to command those prices in the eyes of buyers because it is certainly selling well, but I really think that is a function of limited choice combined with the desire for a shiny new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 04:05 PM

15 posts, read 16,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I do not find Kildaire Crossing to represent good value. If you are dead set on new construction it is one of only a few options, and the location is good, but if I had a budget of $550K in the current market I would seek out a resale. I guess it is nice enough to command those prices in the eyes of buyers because it is certainly selling well, but I really think that is a function of limited choice combined with the desire for a shiny new home.
I agree. For new constructions, West Cary seems to have more options, but the price is also higher.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I agree. For new constructions, West Cary seems to have more options, but the price is also higher.
Buy a resale, if you can.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Agree with Lochmere for that budget, location, and lot size.
Any particular reasons that Lochmere got recommended more often than Wyndfall/Cambridge? Location? Build quality?

Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Any particular reasons that Lochmere got recommended more often than Wyndfall/Cambridge? Location? Build quality?
Lochmere is just a much larger neighborhood. So, there is commonly more inventory.
It has the lakes, trails, location, better mix of housing styles and affordability, and really is very pretty.
The housing stock is generally older than Wyndfall and Cambridge, but you can see updating opportunities in any of those three neighborhoods.

Wyndfall and Cambridge are attractive with homes by local custom builders, whereas you can find a bit of tract building around Lochmere, glomming onto the name like developments around Preston do.
Some people are put off by the Motiva site directly across 1010 Rd. from Cambridge.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Pretty much what Mike mentioned. Plus, Lochmere will have more in your price range.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:42 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Pretty much what Mike mentioned. Plus, Lochmere will have more in your price range.
And the POOLS....Lochmere has two awesome pools. I remember as a kid being a little annoyed at how strict they were with diving boards and adult swim time; but it actually keeps them relaxing and well kept while still being welcoming to kids.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:48 AM

Thank you all for your inputs. I've been looking into Lochmere and Regency recently. They are nice neighborhood. There is new (small) new constructions in Wyndfall by KHovnanian. Anyone heard of it? Is it a good builder? The starting price is high so I'm not sure if it's worth stretching my budget to get into new construction in that neighborhood.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:35 AM

59 posts, read 69,573 times
Couldn't you find a good house in MacGregor Downs for $550,000 as well? It's been a while since I looked, but I remember seeing great-looking houses in the $400s (although they required various degrees of updating).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary