Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,245,233 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be interesting.....
...and I'M interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:12 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,126 times
Why do I like Wake Forest. Let me count the ways or streets or buildings or stores....It still has the small town appeal and feel. Its growing so yes there are pains with the gains. (heard that somewhere before) There are homes and apartments in just about every range one can want or need or more importantly afford. Coming from upstate NY its terrain is similar. Close proximity to Falls Lake and in minutes heading north you can be in the middle of no where. Sometimes we all want to be somewhere but other times its peaceful to be no where. Either 'where' you want to be Wake Forest can accommodate your mode. People are friendly and the roads are less traveled. Unless you use Capital Blvd in the rush hours. I still get confused why they call it the rush hour when its the period (hours) you move the slowest on the roadways. Ah back to Wake Forest, its the birth place of Wake Forest University so it has that going for it. Its just in the process of finishing up the Rt. 98 bypass which should not be confused with Rt 98 proper. (I'm confused) It has a great on line paper that updates its residents with its growth and development. Might want to take a peak or gaze if your still in the post Super bowl party hangover period:
The Wake Forest Gazette - Editor Carol Pelosi - Wake Forest News, Weather and Sports - Wake Forest Events - -Wake Forest, NC

Then there is the town of Wake Forest and the zip code of Wake Forest. The zip code of Wake Forest is a much bigger area, more rural than urban. Speaking of urban there is N. White street for shopping and 'The Factory' for the kids. The Parks and Recreation does a wonderful job with their youth programs and they have a cool dog park at Flaherty Park. (Give them a 2 barks and a high paw for that!)
Shopping, well they have a Big Box Mart (Walmart) and a Tarjay (Target) and a few Dollar trees, and Dollar Generals, Dollar Bazaars, Dollar Bonaza's or other names places you can spend a buck. Restaurants are coming on strong with both National chains and local eateries.
Yea Wake Forest does have lots of trees as its name implies but each passing year there are fewer and fewer but that is a by product of growth! I highly recommend giving Wake Forest a look or see or a look-see, either way it will be worth your while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary