Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 12:44 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times

Advertisements

My wife and daughter got tickets for the Garth Brooks concert at the RBC Center this March. I do not have a ticket and really have no interest in attending.

My daughter has some mobility issues from several back surgeries.

Reading the drop off info on RBC's site and calling them, the procedure sounds ugly. No offer of a golf cart or tram to your parking spot is done as at Disneyworld.

You can pay $20 and stay on the lot or come back and, as described, have to join a large pick up queue.

Has anyone done the drop off and pickup?

How did it go?

If you stayed around waiting, was there a place to go in the arena to read or use the web during the event?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 05:13 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Someone recently posted a similar thread and I think there is a room at the PNC where you can stay and hang out.

Disneyworld is a tad bigger than PNC.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:04 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
1 - It's PNC
2 - Disney World and a sporting arena are on slightly different scales. PNC will charge you for a service like that because 99% of people don't need that service so they have to recoup the time/cost.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:53 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,213 times
It's usually not that difficult to drop off and pick up at the Arena. My daughter has been to several concerts where we've dropped off and picked up. You usually just put on your hazards and can drive right up to the entrance.
At many concerts they do have the "parent lounge". Not sure yet if they'll be having one for the Garth Brooks concert but I'm sure they'll know soon.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
It's usually not that difficult to drop off and pick up at the Arena. My daughter has been to several concerts where we've dropped off and picked up. You usually just put on your hazards and can drive right up to the entrance.
At many concerts they do have the "parent lounge". Not sure yet if they'll be having one for the Garth Brooks concert but I'm sure they'll know soon.
Thanks.

I called and was told the parent lounge was not planned for this show, but they will offer it for the show my family will attend.

A lot better than finding somewhere to spend about 3 hours on a cold day in March.

The staff was very helpful to work with my daughter's health issue (3 back surgeries).

Old 12-31-2015, 01:52 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
This. I didn't know about the hazards thing until my fiance and I Ubered to a Canes game, but this is the procedure. It was a bit hard for us/our driver to figure out where to go after that, and it seemed we had to tell every. single. parking. attendant what we were doing and where we needed to go which really slowed down our entry, plus 1/2 of them told us to take conflicting routes. We made it though and now we know how it's done.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
This. I didn't know about the hazards thing until my fiance and I Ubered to a Canes game, but this is the procedure. It was a bit hard for us/our driver to figure out where to go after that, and it seemed we had to tell every. single. parking. attendant what we were doing and where we needed to go which really slowed down our entry, plus 1/2 of them told us to take conflicting routes. We made it though and now we know how it's done.
That's what I found in their site.

However, the kind lady who helped me made it simple. I will have to pay the $20 fee but can park in the handicapped area close to the gate my family will use since my daughter has a disability placard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary