Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:38 PM

89 posts, read 104,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRaleigh View Post
The "new" Raleigh Grande is the best theater in the area. The new Leather/Reclining seats RULE! Each seat reclines, has it own slide back and forth table for food/drinks. They have a good assortment of beer and a new food menu. I've only gone to the Raleigh Grande since the renovation, a friend wanted to go to Brier Creek last week... NEVER AGAIN! Once you experience the updated Raleigh Grande you won't go back. I think they only raised their prices 50 cents as well. With the new seating you can't see anyone in front or back of you, it's perfect!

Has anyone else experienced the new Raleigh Grande?

We just went today to see Star Wars at the Raleigh Grande and loved it! Both the movie and the theater. My husband actually said he didn't want to any other theater now too. The only downside is we live in Cary and it's about 30 minutes away. Still it was great and I am sure we will be back.

Last edited by SouthCaryMom; 01-03-2016 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 07:11 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
I saw it at Silverspot today in 3D and it was terrific. My only complaint was that the popcorn was terrible. I was really surprised.

Great film and worth seeing in 3D - I may see it again at Marbles.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:48 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
Another shameless plug for Marbles Imax. Hope they repeat last year's gamble of showing episodes of Game Of Thrones( thinking they were remastered for Imax), that idea was awesome. I saw BBC Sherlock at Mission Valley New Years day , that's another one I'd enjoy seeing Imax style.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:44 AM

95 posts, read 131,386 times
I haven't been to Raleigh Grande since the renovations, but we tried to go Saturday and pretty much all the 7 PM movies were sold out, so I guess they are quite impressive. Eager to check it out.

My prior experience with the Grande was that it was on par with the Regal theaters, but the sound-proofing between theaters was awful, so if you could often hear the movie playing on the screen next door. We actually stopped going there mostly for that reason. Hopefully the renovations solved that issue.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Woodrow View Post
I haven't been to Raleigh Grande since the renovations, but we tried to go Saturday and pretty much all the 7 PM movies were sold out, so I guess they are quite impressive. Eager to check it out.

My prior experience with the Grande was that it was on par with the Regal theaters, but the sound-proofing between theaters was awful, so if you could often hear the movie playing on the screen next door. We actually stopped going there mostly for that reason. Hopefully the renovations solved that issue.
Solved? No. Minimized? Yes.

This is a problem at EVERY multiplex theater. And we have been to every one of them in a 25+ mile radius of Brier Creek (exceot for the overpriced CineBistro).

We go to the matinee 2-3 times a week. Our first choice of theaters - before and especially after the renovations - is Raleigh Grande. We have always wanted to financially support them showing indie movies on their screens, so that's where we usually go even if it's a wide release movie.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 AM

I've never noticed sound from other screens at the Regal theaters at North Hills or Cary, or at least not to the extent it has ever been distracting. Again, it was so bad at the Raleigh Grande that it compelled us to stop going there, but hopefully it is improved. Just saw the new pics of the Grande interior on its website and it looks amazeballs.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 AM

494 posts, read 816,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Woodrow View Post
I've never noticed sound from other screens at the Regal theaters at North Hills or Cary, or at least not to the extent it has ever been distracting. Again, it was so bad at the Raleigh Grande that it compelled us to stop going there, but hopefully it is improved. Just saw the new pics of the Grande interior on its website and it looks amazeballs.
It is still very bad there at least in two of the theaters there. The two movies I saw were more dialogue than action, the sound from neighboring theaters made it difficult to hear the movie I paid for. I have never noticed this sound issue at other places.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Ack, well that's not good. It is indeed no bueno when you're in a theater watching something quiet and talky and you can hear like the freaking Transformers knocking down the Empire State Building next door. With the renovations, would have hoped that would have added another layer of sound proof insulation or something between screens.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:08 AM

195 posts, read 286,075 times
I did Marbles IMAX a week after it opened. It required us to get a "boarding pass" around 9:30am for our 1pm showing. This reserved our place in line. So it was an all day downtown event for my family. If I had known , I would've went to Frank's Cinebowl in Cary where I could have reserved my seats online like a plane. While I did enjoy Marbles and its IMAX 3D, I didn't enjoy a whole day of rain in downtown Raleigh. It would've been nice to just reserve my seats online.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 AM

430 posts, read 626,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronskrat View Post
I did Marbles IMAX a week after it opened. It required us to get a "boarding pass" around 9:30am for our 1pm showing. This reserved our place in line. So it was an all day downtown event for my family. If I had known , I would've went to Frank's Cinebowl in Cary where I could have reserved my seats online like a plane.
We saw it at Frank's and that's just what we did. Bought the tickets online back in November reserving seats right in the middle of the theater for the Saturday of opening weekend. Didn't worry about it again until we showed up 10 minutes before the show started, grabbed my tickets from one of the kiosks, and relaxed in the comfy seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary