Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 11:18 AM

20 posts, read 28,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I don't live in Briar Chapel but I have sold a few homes in there.

Some of the lots are larger than others.

I had buyers that purchased a single family detached home a few months ago. The garage was on the front (not in the back like the "cottage" homes). Their lot was only .15 acre, which is small; however, the lot was situated so that the back yard was larger than the side yards. They did fence the yard, as many of their neighbors.

The cottage homes have the garage behind the house (some are detached and some are attached) so the lots don't have much backyard.
We're building a house in Briar Chapel (done by the end of March) and this sums it up regarding space. We were fortunate to get a premium lot and our closest neighbor is 15'. We'll be building a fence for our dog, but she's 25 lbs. Our house is the cottage style with the garage in the back.

In regards to it being remote: We didn't feel that way at all, and we're coming from downtown San Diego. Since we're used to being in our cars the Harris Teeter and Walmart didn't seem that far and the drive to downtown Chapel Hill didn't seem bad. It also might have to do with that we're ready for this lifestyle.

Best of luck to you and your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 AM
UNC

4 posts, read 6,077 times
Hi! A year has passed...Have you moved to BC? If so, what do you think of it now?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:18 AM

37 posts, read 54,424 times
Default Brier Chapel - Encore

Hi Vicki,
What is your opinion of the 50+community within Brier Chapel - I believe it is called Encore? I am a single, mid 50's woman who works full time often from home so the quietness of the neighborhood appeals to me but I do like to venture out to where the "action is" at times! I travel at least once a month and usually Uber to the airport so easy access is a must. Wondering if I would feel comfortable or if the development is mostly couples. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley1 View Post
Hi Vicki,
What is your opinion of the 50+community within Brier Chapel - I believe it is called Encore? I am a single, mid 50's woman who works full time often from home so the quietness of the neighborhood appeals to me but I do like to venture out to where the "action is" at times! I travel at least once a month and usually Uber to the airport so easy access is a must. Wondering if I would feel comfortable or if the development is mostly couples. Thanks!
In the area, we have quite a few of the 55+ Active Adult Communities. The draw is usually the clubs they offer and the ACTIVE LIFESTYLE.

I always tell my clients that we need to GO THERE and walk around and see if you feel comfortable. I really don't think you'd have a problem living there and if you are the type of person that enjoys meeting others, the clubs are why you buy in these 55+ neighborhoods.

I've had some clients who aren't interested in the clubs or the quietness but just want a one story home and that is do able too.

Hope this helps!

Vicki

Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 AM

Default Thanks!

Thank you Vicki that was very helpful! I do enjoy meeting people and am very active socially, the appeal of the neighborhood to me is the nature trails and the quietness of being far from noisy main roads which I understand is a drawback to others, and which may change as the area develops. The price point also seems to be much lower than comparable communities in Cary and the Brier Creek area. I am currently under contract with a Buyer Broker which expires early summer but will take your advice and go on a walk about! Many thanks!

Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley1 View Post
Thank you Vicki that was very helpful! I do enjoy meeting people and am very active socially, the appeal of the neighborhood to me is the nature trails and the quietness of being far from noisy main roads which I understand is a drawback to others, and which may change as the area develops.
It WAS quiet and woodsy and bucolic before Briar Chapel was built out. Not so much now. 15-501 traffic can be pretty bad at rush hour.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:02 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
It WAS quiet and woodsy and bucolic before Briar Chapel was built out. Not so much now. 15-501 traffic can be pretty bad at rush hour.
Can you define "bad"? We're in the early stages of planning to relocate there and that's the one unknown. I work in RTP and typically go to the office 2-3 days per week.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:26 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
No, I can't really define bad w/ regard to 15-501 traffic because I'm comparing it to what it used to be and you're comparing to where you're coming from. Maybe drive over there one day after work and see what you think? You are in the Triangle, right?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:20 PM

Default Rush Hour Traffic

Unfortunately in the 9 years I've lived in the Triangle, rush hour traffic has become pretty bad everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary