Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 05:06 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

To the OP (and despite all my snarky remarks)...

I ate at Brew n Que in Cary yesterday (Maynard near High House). They serve Brisket, smoked for 14+ hours. I didn't try it, but...
-Everything I did try was VERY good
-They have excellent craft beer selection
-The NC Que was authentic and delish, while the sides were true to form, but creative and great

I saw the brisket, and it didn't look exactly like what I saw at Goode's or Pappa's in Houston, but it looked pretty good, and a few patrons swore by it.

My guess is that it's worth checking out. Good chance it's not exactly what you're looking for, but equally good chance it will be worth the trip.

IMPORTANT NOTE: They have three tables and about 10-12 bar seats. That's it. We sat at the bar and got great service. Just be prepared to either come WAY off hours or to have to wait, or to get takeout.

To others: It's worth a try, I got smoked wings and a pork bbq taco. Both good, my only ding is that they served the taco on a flour tortilla. Should be corn (basically would have been Que, Cornbread and slaw, all in one bite). I also tried que by itself, blue cheese slaw, and smoked potato salad. All very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 06:05 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
So where do you go (in the Triangle) to get good NC seafood?
Here are some recent threads on that
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-triangle.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ggestions.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...h-raleigh.html

Old 02-03-2016, 06:19 AM

514 posts, read 602,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
They're from Ohio.
Not a place traditionally famous for their BBQ.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:27 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
I love living here in the Triangle but when it comes to BBQ, Texas has got my vote. It's one of the few things I miss about my time in Texas. Sorry Eastern Carolina BBQ fans, just can't get on board.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:31 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
I love it...a thread about food that does not involve people missing foods from NY!

Texas BBQ over NC BBQ any day

Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Our State posted this on their facebook page, maybe something else for us to discuss if we can't agree on BBQ:

https://www.ourstate.com/chocolate/

Quote:
We interrupt our barbecue coverage to bring you chocolate.

10 North Carolina Chocolate Shops You Shouldn't Miss
Whether your chocolate is traditional or exotic, there's something for everyone in North Carolina's chocolate box. Read our list of favorites.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:47 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,047 times
The Original Q Shack in Durham has good brisket. Dan Ferguson, the owner, is a Dallas transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary