Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:22 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
re: crooks will ride their bikes to their robbery targets on the greenways

click here: Let me google that for you
Swing and a miss! Cars getting broken into, New Yorkers getting mugged, something in Australia about motorcycle night and a robbery gone wrong, your link is as misguided and irrelevant as you are. You don't have any data that thieves use greenways to get to houses to rob. Did not occur to you that is kind of hard to get away with a flat screen TV on your ten speed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 12:25 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
No data, at all, except, "I don't want it and i think it will detract from my neighborhood." Come back when you have some actual proof that crooks will ride their bikes to their robbery targets on the greenways.
I don't know about this particular incident or Raleigh criminals in general, but I can assure you that many muggers / robbers in urban areas have taken to using bikes. They are much faster than running on foot and they can go places where pursuing patrol cars can't..

Old 02-04-2016, 12:29 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmith713 View Post
This is why we need 30 round mags for our ARs
Hopefully you would use something with less penetration than 5.56 for an HD situation...

Old 02-04-2016, 05:56 AM

252 posts, read 275,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Hopefully you would use something with less penetration than 5.56 for an HD situation...
40-50gr varmint .223 will do the trick nicely and not over penetrate.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
I don't know about this particular incident or Raleigh criminals in general, but I can assure you that many muggers / robbers in urban areas have taken to using bikes. They are much faster than running on foot and they can go places where pursuing patrol cars can't..
Muggers will. But not someone looking to burglarize w home.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:07 AM

128 posts, read 151,395 times
It really makes you think. I never considered the idea that living next to a green way would leave you vulnerable to crime. Was this not considered when connecting all the green ways was proposed?

Old 02-04-2016, 07:14 AM

42 posts, read 72,065 times
Only toned muggers and robbers use the greenway system to execute their crimes. Out-of-shape criminals use their vehicles. Some people here are implying that Cary should build a wall around Durham and make Durham pay for it.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:21 AM

128 posts, read 151,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyrab View Post
Only toned muggers and robbers use the greenway system to execute their crimes. Out-of-shape criminals use their vehicles. Some people here are implying that Cary should build a wall around Durham and make Durham pay for it.
I don't think they're riding from Durham. Drive to a green way parking lot and ride down till you find the house you want to rob.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:33 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times
Often, I bicycle the Indian Creek Greenway in Morrisville and am amazed at the laptops, etc. sitting on tables in unoccupied homes during the day, easily visible via sliding glass doors with no curtains, etc.

Also, I often meet a Morrisvile PD LEO on his bicycle, up near the Cricket Park, etc.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times
I hope these burglars know who keeps cash in the house and who doesn't! I know some people particularly target certain groups also because they think there are large amounts of gold or jewelry inside the house.

I use a credit card for even an 80 cent pack of gum and have no cash in my wallet, let alone in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary