Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 04:27 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times

Advertisements

Area behind it will be dug up for months as they build a park, amphitheater, library, parking deck, water fountains, carved granite benches etc.

Cary needed a wedding place and some minorities get jobs which helped the HUD loan process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 05:13 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Weddings, small groups, people looking to move here, etc.

That hotel is small. It should stay busy enough for it to be profitable.

I'm going to book a stay there in July. Kids go off to sleep over camp then so it will be a nice little getaway.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:16 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Unfortunately, the person who owned Belle was really not cut out for owning/managing a restaurant. The Crossmans have years of experience running this type of business so I'm hopeful. I also like their approach of having the rest of the business (restaurant/lounge/happy hour) being accessible and affordable to local neighbors.
I think it's going to work out. fingers crossed!
I tend to agree.
And, they also have the benefit of getting in closer to the end of the park construction.
How much restaurant talent would it have taken Belle operators to profit during that mess?

Old 02-11-2016, 08:34 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
$200/night seems like a pretty low price. Hope they can make it.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I'm going to book a stay there in July. Kids go off to sleep over camp then so it will be a nice little getaway.
That sounds nice. I think we should book a stay there, too. Fun!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
$200/night seems like a pretty low price. Hope they can make it.
That's the entry price. For the smallest, regular room. I'm sure they have higher prices on the suites and larger rooms, packages, etc.

I do think they count on a good deal of revenue from the bar/restaurant and other amenities.

Plus the money from events, such as weddings.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:37 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times
I still don't understand the draw. Is the target demo people who live in Cary and want a night to get away? That's all I see here. I haven't seen any real conversation on the draw.

It just seems too inconvenient to get to for the traveling type and not close to anything that people would want to be near. I could see this going well if it were near some corporate HQ types, the Weston Parkway type where the companies are not an IBM or Novartis size but still need to entertain clientele.

I know my original post came off as snarky, but I'm just not understanding the draw to downtown Cary. Maybe they will have some sort of promotion with Pure Gold...who knows.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:24 AM

128 posts, read 151,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I still don't understand the draw. Is the target demo people who live in Cary and want a night to get away? That's all I see here. I haven't seen any real conversation on the draw.

It just seems too inconvenient to get to for the traveling type and not close to anything that people would want to be near. I could see this going well if it were near some corporate HQ types, the Weston Parkway type where the companies are not an IBM or Novartis size but still need to entertain clientele.

I know my original post came off as snarky, but I'm just not understanding the draw to downtown Cary. Maybe they will have some sort of promotion with Pure Gold...who knows.
Remember this post when 'revenue is not meeting expectations' due to bad weather or the economy and the town of Cary will need to 'invest' just a few more million.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:46 AM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

I believe the Durham location (King's Daughters Inn) sees a fair bit of business holding and catering corporate meetings, so I suspect they will pursue this in Cary, too. I'm sure their wedding bookings will be strong.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I believe the Durham location (King's Daughters Inn) sees a fair bit of business holding and catering corporate meetings, so I suspect they will pursue this in Cary, too. I'm sure their wedding bookings will be strong.
Time will tell. I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer", usually you see an upside to a business venture.

In reality it's not my tax dollars bailing it out if it fails because I don't live in Cary. The whole thing just seems odd to me. Kind of like it was someone's pet project with no benefit to the town at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary