Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:33 AM

288 posts, read 413,733 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys.

I currently live in Durham but I plan on moving closer to Raleigh (if possible) in early May.

I'd like to live in Cary but haven't found an apartment complex that really jumps out at me.

Ideally I would like something that is secluded, idealy in a wooded area. Possible with a body of water. Super perks would be somewhere within walking distance (or very close) to a State park or large city park (or something similar. Walking trail, etc)

I am thinking Cary, North Raleigh, or possibly parts of Raleigh or Morrisville, Apex, etc.

I really appreciate any input at all! I am really stressing out because I need to figure out where to move.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
I'm sure there are other options, but in North Raleigh check out the apartments around Lake Lynn. There are many complexes of various price points. They all back up to the lake which has a 2 mile walking trail around it. I lived there my first year in Raleigh and enjoyed it. Here is just one of the places located along the lake. Figure it is a good place to start and gives you a frame of reference. Apartments in Raleigh NC | Regatta at Lake Lynn

Good Luck!

Old 02-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm sure there are other options, but in North Raleigh check out the apartments around Lake Lynn. There are many complexes of various price points. They all back up to the lake which has a 2 mile walking trail around it. I lived there my first year in Raleigh and enjoyed it. Here is just one of the places located along the lake. Figure it is a good place to start and gives you a frame of reference. Apartments in Raleigh NC | Regatta at Lake Lynn

Good Luck!
Thanks! That kind of environment is exactly what I'm looking for. I will certainly check the area out.

I look forward to anybody else's recommendations. Maybe in a different part of the area like Cary.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:12 PM

200 posts, read 358,744 times
In Cary: Lofts at Weston Lakeside Apartments in Cary NC

Right next to Lake Crabtree and Blackcreek Greenway which brings you access to Umstead Park for hiking, biking etc.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnb View Post
Hi Guys.

I currently live in Durham but I plan on moving closer to Raleigh (if possible) in early May.

I'd like to live in Cary but haven't found an apartment complex that really jumps out at me.

Ideally I would like something that is secluded, idealy in a wooded area. Possible with a body of water. Super perks would be somewhere within walking distance (or very close) to a State park or large city park (or something similar. Walking trail, etc)

I am thinking Cary, North Raleigh, or possibly parts of Raleigh or Morrisville, Apex, etc.

I really appreciate any input at all! I am really stressing out because I need to figure out where to move.
Thank you.
Besides the ones listed, you could also try Brampton Moors or Hermitage at Beechtree, both in Cary.

Not as new as Lofts at Weston Lakeside, but you've not mentioned a budget. Both of these I mention do have greenway access and access to bodies of water. At Brampton Moors, if you're lucky, you could get a water view.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:47 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,618,413 times
I second Brampton Moors. Nearby Bond Park has a good size lake (2 miles to walk around), and the greenways connect to Umstead Park & beyond.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Hermitage at Beechtree
I was going to mention this one. I lived there for a year and a half, and pretty much liked it. It's a little older, which for me was a perk. It's exactly two miles to the back side of Umstead Park and the backside of Lake Crabtree Park, 100% via greenway. Very good location too. It took me 14 minutes to get to my work in the center of RTP, and only about 20 into DT Raleigh (obviously with no traffice in both cases).

Different strokes for different folks, but I enjoyed this place.

If you get a back unit, you'll likely be facing the woods. Only caution (applies to anywhere) is if you are in a secluded unit, consider NOT being on the ground floor. Stuff can get missing from your deck if it is secluded and easy to access.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 PM

369 posts, read 460,083 times
There are apartments that back up to Lake Johnson in Raleigh. Not sure what they are called even though I'm over there almost everyday when the weather is warm. They are older, so perhaps more affordable.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM

Thanks so much for all the input guys!
I would love something within walking distance to any access to Umstead

Old 02-09-2016, 04:59 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,018 times
I've lived in Brampton Moors for almost seven years and love it here. Definitely check it out. There is a small lake on-site, and Bond Lake is a mile walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary