Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 01:02 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

I haven't confirmed this but it is reported by Yelp. No reviews since October 2015. Anyone want to speculate why it failed? Corporate website shows locations only in Florida and Texas now. Reviews on Yelp were pretty bad. I believe this makes the 3rd Mexican restaurant in the same location to fail.

Edit: Here's my answer, from another thread about Brier Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Ruby Tuesday has basically shut down Lime Fresh. They had about 20 corporate owned locations...they're selling off eight locations in Florida to Rubio's and have closed the rest. There are also a handful of franchised locations that apparently are allowed to remain open, but I doubt they have much of a future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 01:20 PM

154 posts, read 389,525 times
It is closed. The owners of Brasa are doing construction on the space and plan to open Brier Creek Beer Garden.

I suspect Lime Fresh closed because they put cilantro in every dang thing on their menu. That location is not ideal for the busiest times of the day... They have good visibility but most of the parking nearby requires people to walk past one or two other eateries to get there.

flamtap

Old 02-17-2016, 01:33 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
I'm pretty sure there was one in Morrisville Town Commons (or whatever that Target Shopping Center is called) right next to the movie theater. Whatever it was also closed. I went through there on Sunday and it was GONE! From above posts, it looks like they pulled out of this region?

Old 02-17-2016, 01:43 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
It is closed. The owners of Brasa are doing construction on the space and plan to open Brier Creek Beer Garden.

I suspect Lime Fresh closed because they put cilantro in every dang thing on their menu. That location is not ideal for the busiest times of the day... They have good visibility but most of the parking nearby requires people to walk past one or two other eateries to get there.

flamtap
I wonder how they will do with the new Louies bar down the street.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:21 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm pretty sure there was one in Morrisville Town Commons (or whatever that Target Shopping Center is called) right next to the movie theater. Whatever it was also closed. I went through there on Sunday and it was GONE! From above posts, it looks like they pulled out of this region?
Yeah the Morrisville one closed a month or two ago. It was usually busy and had a good location by the theater. But yeah it looks like they are shutting them all down except Florida.

Interesting about the Beer Garden. I had heard they were opening up, but honestly, that doesn't seem like the best place for that. Not going to be much garden that's for sure.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:42 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I wonder how they will do with the new Louies bar down the street.
Bar Louie has more of an emphasis on cocktails so I don't think they'll really compete. Lime in Chapel Hill also closed down, no idea if anything's moved into their Franklin St location or what's planned there. I was never impressed and would much rather have Moe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary