Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

by the way, honestly, your post in the "wrong neighborhood" regarding the treatment of due diligence gives me concern for you working for a part-time-like brokerage.

It's pretty fundamental that once the contract is executed, the DD fee is the Seller's and isn't refundable unless the Seller has breached the contract later or willfully misrepresented something. I'd have to believe they went over this in the course you just passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 05:29 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Jesus you guys really eat your young.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 PM

if you were the client who incurred a financial loss, how would you feel?

If one wants to be a professional real estate broker/Realtor, then you need to be a professional. You can do that 1 client a year or 100 clients. And nobody's perfect, but the better offices provide mentoring and help during the transaction. There's a reason that Limited Service/Entry Only is an option - folks that are willing to take the risk themselves without the broker there to provide protection.

The very best way to "dip a toe" in the business is either being a buyer's agent (weekend relief, do open houses, etc) for someone or by becoming a referral agent and having a network that you refer to other people.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:21 PM

by the way, for us to name a particular company would, I assume, be considering advertising and violating the TOS. If the OP wants to IM me, I'll give them a couple of options.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 PM

514 posts, read 602,628 times
Aside from that, if OP has passed the exams, he/she has received tons of recruiting info via mail from numerous brokerages. That does not count the calls, emails and personal recruiting. He/she could have been interviewing them and weeding out the ones not of interest.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:09 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,591 times
I appreciate everyone's concern and yes I know to be 100% successful may require me to be full-time but I have my own reasons for wanting to start out part time, amongst which include:
1) I have a full time job now therefore I don't want to take the risk to jump in cold turkey, and rather transition
2) I have enough family and friends in my circle to start off part time
3) I am starting a RE venture that will work off refererral fees
4) etc etc
But again, thanks to those who did not immediately pounce on me and rather provided useful information which is what I was seeking in the first place.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
by the way, honestly, your post in the "wrong neighborhood" regarding the treatment of due diligence gives me concern for you working for a part-time-like brokerage.

It's pretty fundamental that once the contract is executed, the DD fee is the Seller's and isn't refundable unless the Seller has breached the contract later or willfully misrepresented something. I'd have to believe they went over this in the course you just passed.
I understand the DD policy, I have many friends that are fulltime RE agents in big firms I could consult. I simply asked it there were "situational loopholes" with DD fee, as you mentioned such as "willfully misrepresented something" which could have been the case here.

RE agents (even seasoned ones) ask questions all the time b/c RE law and situations change. But "thanks" for your concern.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Moderator aside:

OP? Please register with C-D as a RE agent.

Thanks!

(Carry on, all)

Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Just remember everyone starts somewhere. Helping newbies out is good Karma.
I'm sure you're going to use a 3rd year medical student next time you need surgery, right?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm sure you're going to use a 3rd year medical student next time you need surgery, right?
People have different reasons for choosing whoever agent they want. But wow, I thought this forum was to help people, not discourage people pursuing a possible new career. I'm sure we all started as a newbie in our careers at one point or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary