Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many wrecks have you seen living in the Triangle?
0 accidents 4 12.50%
1 wreck 8 25.00%
2 crashes 1 3.13%
3 aqccidents 1 3.13%
4 or more 18 56.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 07:34 PM

121 posts, read 159,593 times

Advertisements

There are more than one time where I saw 2 different accidents on my trip across the town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 08:52 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I've seen 3 in 10 years. All at the intersection of High House & Davis in Cary. It's a little weird, and I'm always super careful driving through that intersection.
Interesting, that is where I was rear-ended last year. Light turned green and the lady behind me didnt realize we were all stopped and hit me at about 10-15 mph.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:15 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleello View Post
There are more than one time where I saw 2 different accidents on my trip across the town.
I've been rear ended twice in the same day.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:27 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Only mine, but have seen the aftermath of plenty. Wasn't sure if OP meant watched as they happened.

I never noticed any difference here than anywhere else, though.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
I don't think young people are getting enough drivers education training today. They may know how to push the accelerator and brake, and know how to pass the drivers' written test, but as for 'awareness' they are sadly lacking. Yesterday in Apex I stopped at a light and the car behind me stopped to wait for the light right on the railroad tracks. The young lady driver examined her phone while the others in the car bounced around talking. Zero awareness, fur shure. Yeah, no train came that time so I guess they lived to do it again.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:12 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
People are in too much of a hurry and too distracted. Defensive driving is almost non existent. The classic accident we see about 10 times a day is "I thought the guy in front of me had gone already". So....what are you looking at if not the guy in front of you? When people want to make a right on red, they aren't looking at the person in front of them to make sure they go....they are watching oncoming traffic and just going when they see a break. The person who is first in line is under no obligation to make that turn. I hear all the time "I thought he went - he should have gone!" Well, guess what his light is red. If he wants to sit there till it turns green he can do that. So why don't you just wait till they go and then look to see when it's safe for YOU to go?

The other baffling thing here is how people think it's the other person's fault if they back into someone. Can't tell you how many people I've spoken with who think if they are backing out of a parking spot, the person in the travel aisle should stop and let them out. They are AMAZED when they find out the person in the travel lane has the right of way.

You can talk all you want about educating new drivers but when the existing drivers are clueless not much is going to change.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
People are in too much of a hurry and too distracted. Defensive driving is almost non existent. The classic accident we see about 10 times a day is "I thought the guy in front of me had gone already". So....what are you looking at if not the guy in front of you? When people want to make a right on red, they aren't looking at the person in front of them to make sure they go....they are watching oncoming traffic and just going when they see a break. The person who is first in line is under no obligation to make that turn. I hear all the time "I thought he went - he should have gone!" Well, guess what his light is red. If he wants to sit there till it turns green he can do that. So why don't you just wait till they go and then look to see when it's safe for YOU to go?

The other baffling thing here is how people think it's the other person's fault if they back into someone. Can't tell you how many people I've spoken with who think if they are backing out of a parking spot, the person in the travel aisle should stop and let them out. They are AMAZED when they find out the person in the travel lane has the right of way.

You can talk all you want about educating new drivers but when the existing drivers are clueless not much is going to change.
I have been rear ended in the manner you described. So has my son. And my husband.

It's so odd. Why assume?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:27 AM

141 posts, read 162,977 times
Lived here for 15 years. I've seen accidents at pretty much every major intersection I've passed through at least once. I live near High House and Davis and I've seen plenty of accidents there alone.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:30 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
I actually meant how many accidents have you witnessed while they happened, not the aftermath of any...if including aftermath I must have seen 2 dozen. As for witnessing them while they happened, I've only seen one and it wasn't on the interstate, but a local state highway

Old 03-06-2016, 12:40 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Only seen one. Been here since August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary