Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,064 times

Advertisements

I've lived in the FV/HS area for almost 30 years now, but it's been a long time since I've had little ones in my life.

Son's GF has an adorable, VERY active 3-1/2 year-old son. He does fine in restaurants that are quick in/quick out. Fast food, Zaxby's, IHOP, etc. Son has taken him to Ruby Tuesday, which he loved because they have crayons.

GF's birthday is this week. We want to take them out for dinner, but I'm wondering what restaurants in the area are friendly to kids without being a Chuckie Cheese nightmare for us.

Any suggestions? Looking mainly at the FV/HS area, but can do Apex, Garner, and the Cary area near Crossroads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
I've lived in the FV/HS area for almost 30 years now, but it's been a long time since I've had little ones in my life.

Son's GF has an adorable, VERY active 3-1/2 year-old son. He does fine in restaurants that are quick in/quick out. Fast food, Zaxby's, IHOP, etc. Son has taken him to Ruby Tuesday, which he loved because they have crayons.

GF's birthday is this week. We want to take them out for dinner, but I'm wondering what restaurants in the area are friendly to kids without being a Chuckie Cheese nightmare for us.

Any suggestions? Looking mainly at the FV/HS area, but can do Apex, Garner, and the Cary area near Crossroads.
I have found most places to be family friendly with a few exceptions which are also usually more pricey. I remember being shocked that Lucky 32 has a kids menu which is also and coloring page and they give the kids crayons. It's great because it is a nicer restaurant for the adults but the kids are happy there too. Are you looking for a specific type of food? Another option is check out the restaurant online and then you can see which ones have kids menus.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
What about Aviator in FV. It's a beer centric place, but it's loud and interesting.

When my daughter was younger, I liked to take her to places like this, rather than a quieter "restaurant".

^And they have good food, decent beer too...

Old 03-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I have found most places to be family friendly with a few exceptions which are also usually more pricey. I remember being shocked that Lucky 32 has a kids menu which is also and coloring page and they give the kids crayons. It's great because it is a nicer restaurant for the adults but the kids are happy there too. Are you looking for a specific type of food? Another option is check out the restaurant online and then you can see which ones have kids menus.
Good idea! Yeah, I've been to Lucky 32's with some friends and their grandchildren. I had forgotten about that!

Old 03-08-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What about Aviator in FV. It's a beer centric place, but it's loud and interesting.

When my daughter was younger, I liked to take her to places like this, rather than a quieter "restaurant".

^And they have good food, decent beer too...
Good point! Back when our kids were high school/college age, we'd go to Red Robin and wonder why they had a bar if it was so kid friendly. Now we get it. lol

I'm also thinking of Buffalo Wild Wings. That might be busy enough to keep him interested.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM

59 posts, read 69,533 times
MacGregor Draft House (at intersection of 1 and 64) is super kid-friendly.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:18 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Most restaurants in this area are kid friendly.

You didn't mention Raleigh but The Angus Barn is VERY kid friendly. They even have a toy box! When daughter was much younger, the server would take her around and let her "help".

Maybe a restaurant like Layfayette Grill that has an outdoor area? I've seen lots of kids running around while the parents ate. Sorry...Raleigh, again! I'm sure there are similar places in Cary/Apex.

Worse case, you can always take a tablet or cell phone with games already loaded!

Old 03-08-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Most restaurants in this area are kid friendly.

You didn't mention Raleigh but The Angus Barn is VERY kid friendly. They even have a toy box! When daughter was much younger, the server would take her around and let her "help".

Maybe a restaurant like Layfayette Grill that has an outdoor area? I've seen lots of kids running around while the parents ate. Sorry...Raleigh, again! I'm sure there are similar places in Cary/Apex.

Worse case, you can always take a tablet or cell phone with games already loaded!
Angus Barn is way out of our price range, but I have heard a lot of people with kids like it.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary